Deakin Anywhere is a central place to access Microsoft applications based on Office 365 that enables you to work or study anywhere you have access to the internet, on most devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
Deakin Anywhere is made up of:
- My Site. Your own personal space in Office 365. My Site is your personal hub where you can access all Office 365 features, control your settings and set up your Office 365 profile. Browse articles on Office 365 for information about setting up your site.
- SkyDrive Pro. Your personal library for business and study includes 25GB of space in the cloud. There, you can upload, store and access documents, photos and other files from your computer or other device, and share them with your colleagues or fellow students. Browse articles on Skydrive Pro for more information.
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote. Create and edit documents and collaborate with colleagues or fellow students in real time on any device, including your tablet. Office Web Applications are lightweight versions of the most popular Office applications, but still provide great features.
- Yammer. Get social with your colleagues or fellow students. Yammer is Deakin's private social network that helps you make connections with colleagues and collaborators and share information in informal social arrangements. Only your co-workers or fellow students can join so your communications on Yammer are secure and visible only to people within Deakin. Browse more information on Yammer.
- Outlook Web Access. Access your Mail, Calendars and Contacts in Office 365. Outlook Web Access gives you access to your Mail, Calendars and Contacts from any internet-connected device, including smartphones and tablets, via Office 365. Browse articles on OWA for more information.
- Lync. Connect, communicate and collaborate — wherever you are. Instant messaging, video-conferencing, screen sharing, chat rooms and more are all available right from your desktop and your mobile devices. Stay in touch with your colleagues, your fellow students and your partners anywhere you are, wherever they are — even if they don't have Lync. Browse articles on Lync for more information.
Software for your computer
Students can download software from the Deakin software library.
Note that some items can only be used on Deakin workstations.
For staff using the Deakin Desktop operating system, a range of software is available for installation from the Software Catalogue on your workstation. To access it, click Start > All Programs > Software Catalogue. Select the application you want to install, click Run and then click Download.
Staff can submit this form to request eSolutions package software for staff computers.
Software for computer laboratories
eSolutions can install software in computer laboratories on request.
Complete and submit this request form to get the ball rolling.