Deakin University Governance Unit provides expert advice and secretariat services to the University’s central decision making bodies University Council and Academic Board.
The Governance Unit is:
- engaged with the University's aims
- active in analysing and managing information to support excellence in decision-making
- alert to the requirements of legislation, regulations and policies
- leaders in the use of digital technologies to improve governance services
- committed to and knowledgeable about the principles of good governance
- collaborative in approach and communication
dedicated to sharing our knowledge and expertise throughout the University.
The Head of the Unit is Dr Glenn Nicholls.
Do you need advice or information on governance?
Members of the Deakin community are encouraged to contact the Governance Unit.
Do you have an enquiry about a Committee?
Our Committee Secretaries will help you with your enquiry.
Do you need assistance supporting your committee?
The Governance Unit offers training sessions to assist committees to function more smoothly and successfully.
If you would like to know more about the training sessions we offer, please contact Emma Connan.
Committee Resource Centre (for Deakin staff)
The Governance Unit has developed the Committee Resource Centre to assist members of the Deakin community who support committees, develop agendas, write agenda papers, arrange meetings and write minutes.
Visit the Committee Resource Centre to obtain templates for:
- agenda papers
- action sheets
- business schedules
- and useful tips and guidelines relating to supporting committees and arranging meetings.
For further information about the resource centre contact Emma Connan.