Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Awards
The Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Awards (VCPDA) provide an opportunity for general staff to undertake a professional development program (identified in consultation with their manager/supervisor) that will assist the University in achieving its strategic objectives.
The award is in the form of a grant of up to an amount of $7,000 (per individual).
Awards are available for general staff in three categories:
- HEW Level 6 and below
- HEW Level 7 and above
- International work placement/secondment
The new category, International work placement/secondment, has been introduced as a result of staff feedback at the Vice-Chancellor's first Google Hangout. This category will facilitate up to two international work placement/secondment opportunities for staff who apply and have an exceptional performance history. This award is aimed to further develop capabilities through a short-term (up to two months) work placement/secondment with an International institution/organisation that they can demonstrate has strong relevance and alignment to their role, and Deakin's strategic agenda.
2015 VCPDA recipients
Congratulations to all the recipients of the 2015 Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Awards (PDF, 278.6 KB)
General staff must have two years full-time or part-time employment in an administrative, technical or managerial role to be eligible to apply.
If you are interested in applying for the award, please discuss with your manager/supervisor.
- VCPDA 2015 Application form (DOCX, 80.5 KB)
- VCPDA 2015 Application form (International Work Placement) (DOCX, 82.2 KB)
- VCPDA Award Guidelines (DOC, 163.0 KB)
- VCPDA Award Reimbursement Form (XLSX, 20.7 KB) (managers/supervisors use only)
For further information please contact Sonia Wu on 522 78044 or email email@example.com
- Each application will be considered on its merits; the benefits to the University, your Performance Planning and Review results and other relevant factors.
- Applications may be partially or fully funded subject to the number and type of applications.
- Funding allocations are restricted and the total amount awarded and will vary from year to year.
- Subject to the type of applications and funding, not all applications will be successful. If you are unsuccessful, you can reapply in subsequent years.
Should your application be partially or fully funded, it is a condition of your Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Award that should you not remain with the University for a period of at least 12 months following the completion of your approved activity, you will be required to reimburse Deakin University for the funds received for your Vice-Chancellor's Professional Development Award.