Information for Managers
Supporting staff members through the transition to parenthood can be a rewarding yet sometimes challenging task for Managers/Supervisors.
This information has been put together to assist you in understanding entitlements, resources and support services that are available; while also providing tips on how to effectively manage this exciting experience.
The information below relates to all forms of parental leave: birth related leave (maternity leave), adoption related leave and partner leave.
Resources and Support services
- What you need to know and do prior (PDF, 176.7 KB) to your staff member commencing parental leave
- Ensure that you actively keep in touch (PDF, 172.8 KB) with your staff member while they are on parental leave
- Ensure a smooth transition back to work (PDF, 106.6 KB) for your staff member
- Maternity leave (PDF, 209.8 KB)
- Adoption leave (PDF, 197.8 KB)
- Partner leave
- Return to work leave (PDF, 115.9 KB)
Need more information? Contact your HR Adviser.