- Professor of Medicine
- An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Part-time (0.6-0.8 EFT) & continuing
- Location: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Closing date: Sunday 26 April, 2015
- More information: Professor Jon Watson, Tel: +613 5227 1275
The School of Medicine at Deakin University has expanded rapidly since its establishment in 2006, and offers a graduate BMBS course, together with a number of other undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and world class medical research.
An opportunity has now arisen for a new senior academic position within the School. The successful candidate will play a role at senior executive level in the School, in curriculum design, teaching, assessment, and research strategy. It would be expected that the successful candidate would maintain a clinical role in the candidate's chosen speciality.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO
- Leading the development, delivery and monitoring of the School's teaching programs.
- Overseeing the research activities of the School.
- Leading and managing all operational aspects of the School, including staffing, teaching and learning, research, resource management, student welfare and general administration.
- Developing and implementing a budget for the School and monitoring expenditure.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Ensuring compliance by the School with all legislative requirements and University policies, including those relating to equity and equal opportunity and occupational health and safety.
The appointee must enthusiastically embrace Deakin University's Mission and Core Commitments; he or she must share the University's values.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent including significant post Fellowship experience).
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery Degree.
- Demonstrable academic and professional leadership in the field of Medicine.
- Experience and expertise in teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- A track record of scholarly publication in a field of Medicine in relevant journals.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a senior management team.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff are committed to genuinely making a difference to thousands of people's lives by contributing to excellence in their education. We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and strive to offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as various career and professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers. Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all who share a common interest in lifelong learning. Furthermore, our staff enjoy the physical location and natural surrounds of our working environments, which they report as enhancing their job satisfaction.
Alongside our international and Australian partners, Deakin University operates on four main campuses; Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus, and the Warrnambool Campus. We also have a location in the Melbourne and Warrnambool CBDs as well as learning centres across regional Victoria.
The University may require staff to work at other locations outside their primary place of work.