- Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Architecture
- * Salary range $88,135 - $123,962 pa (plus 17% super)
- Full time & continuing
- Location: Geelong Waterfront Campus
- Closing date: Sunday 23 August, 2015
- More information: Professor Anthony Mills, Tel: +613 5227 8314
The Senior Lecturer or Lecturer will be required, undertake research, publish and attract research funding and to teach in the area of architecture. The appointee will promote the School and establish and maintain links and partnerships with the academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School and Faculty's teaching, research, program development, and relevant service activities.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Teaching in the area of architecture at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student centred and accessible, and utilising appropriate technology.
- Contributing to research, scholarly publication and the generation of research funding
- Developing and nurturing links and partnerships with industry, professional bodies and the wider community
- Supervising research and honours students, ensuring successful completions and the quality of results
- Contributing to the administration of the School and/or Faculty.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Eligible for corporate membership to a relevant professional institution
- Significant experience in supervising research students
- Experience of working as a productive member of a research team with a scholarly publication record based on research or practice
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's teaching programs in architecture through personal teaching and academic leadership
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff are committed to genuinely making a difference to thousands of people's lives by contributing to excellence in their education. We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and strive to offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as various career and professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers. Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all who share a common interest in lifelong learning. Furthermore, our staff enjoy the physical location and natural surrounds of our working environments, which they report as enhancing their job satisfaction.
Alongside our international and Australian partners, Deakin University operates on four main campuses; Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus, and the Warrnambool Campus. We also have a location in the Melbourne and Warrnambool CBDs as well as learning centres across regional Victoria.
The University may require staff to work at other locations outside their primary place of work.