- Full-time & continuing
- Salary range $83,076 - 98,426 pa (plus 17% super)
- Location: Melbourne Burwood Campus
- Closing date: Sunday 12 January, 2014
- More information: Professor Guang Shi, +61 3 9251 7619
The Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of Molecular genetics. The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School's teaching, research, and program development.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Teaching in the area of Molecular Genetics at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centered and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Contributing to building an active (national) research record, including publication and the generation of external research income.
- Participating with colleagues in developing and maintaining links and partnerships with industry and the wider community.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty's undergraduate and/or postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- Ability to develop and administer assessment regimes and provide feedback that fosters independent learning.
- Ability to develop curricula and resources that reflect an understanding of Molecular Genetics.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, colleagues and the public, orally and in writing.
- Capacity to supervise research students in Molecular genetics.
- Proven research activity in Molecular genetics, including a sound record in publishing in highly ranked academic journals.
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations and domestic educational institutions (and industry).
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff are committed to genuinely making a difference to thousands of people's lives by contributing to excellence in their education. We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and strive to offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as various career and professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers. Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all who share a common interest in lifelong learning. Furthermore, our staff enjoy the physical location and natural surrounds of our working environments, which they report as enhancing their job satisfaction.
Alongside our international and Australian partners, Deakin University operates on four main campuses; Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus, and the Warrnambool Campus. We also have a location in the Melbourne and Warrnambool CBDs as well as learning centres across regional Victoria.