- An attractive remuneration salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Full-time and continuing
- Location: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Closing date: Sunday 20 Juy, 2014
- More information: Michael Crocker, Tel: +613 5227 8559
This position is responsible for the design, development and ongoing management of Deakin University's Business Intelligence capability.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- To maintain Deakin's Business Intelligence strategy and implement its articulated goals via robust project management methods.
- To provide high level technical expertise on the conceptual design of the Deakin data warehouse and broader Business Intelligence capability.
- To manage the ongoing administration and maintenance of Deakin's data warehouse, Business Intelligence environment, Budgeting and Forecasting toolset.
- To lead a dedicated team of high level staff which will: perform requirements analysis; modelling and design; database and end user application development; testing and implementation of an accurate and readily accessible data warehouse to support the University's internal and external reporting requirements.
- Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to a postgraduate qualification in information technology or computing.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of high level Business Intelligence advice to support the strategic goals of a dynamic and competitive organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing data warehousing and Business Intelligence teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects that have widespread impact in a complex organisation.
- Experience in data warehouse methodologies and dimensional modelling (star schema).
- Experience with reporting, analytics, modelling, planning and budgeting toolsets.
- Highly developed stakeholder management, problem resolution and negotiation skills.
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff are committed to genuinely making a difference to thousands of people's lives by contributing to excellence in their education. We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and strive to offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as various career and professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers. Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all who share a common interest in lifelong learning. Furthermore, our staff enjoy the physical location and natural surrounds of our working environments, which they report as enhancing their job satisfaction.
Alongside our international and Australian partners, Deakin University operates on four main campuses; Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus, and the Warrnambool Campus. We also have a location in the Melbourne and Warrnambool CBDs as well as learning centres across regional Victoria.