Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer in Education (Humanities, Societies & Environments)
- Salary range $104,540 - $138,271 pa (plus 17% super)
- Full-time and continuing
- Location: Melbourne Burwood or Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- Closing date: Tuesday 30 September, 2014
- More information: Dr Lou Preston, Tel: +613 5227 2806, Email: email@example.com
Provide outstanding academic and research leadership in the area Humanities, Societies and Environments (HSE). At Deakin University, HSE incorporates disciplinary learning areas such as history, geography and economics. It also includes interdisciplinary areas such as Civics and Citizenship; Studies of Asia; Local, Global and Indigenous Perspectives in Education; Sustainability Education; and Futures Education.The appointee will provide outstanding academic and research leadership in the area of HSE.
The appointee will promote the School and Faculty within the academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally. The appointee will contribute to the School and Faculty's teaching, research, program development and service at a national and international level.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO
- Providing academic leadership in HSE education.
- Teaching and providing teaching leadership in the area of HSE at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, and utilising appropriate technology.
- Developing research in HSE through a research agenda, scholarly publications and generation of research funding.
- Promoting the ongoing development of HSE in the School and Faculty, through advocacy for partnerships and local and international recruitment.
- Contributing to teaching, research, and supervision of honours and postgraduate students, ensuring successful and timely completions.
- Contributing to the administration of the School, Faculty and University.
- PhD in a relevant field and a teacher education qualification.
- Previous tertiary teaching experience in HSE Education.
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in the field of HSE.
- Evidence of ability to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues.
- A record of excellent achievement in teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Significant experience in the development and delivery of innovative teaching and learning in pre-service teacher education programs.
- Extensive experience as a productive member of a research team.
- A track record of publication in highly ranked international academic journals.
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly and supportive working environment. Our staff are committed to genuinely making a difference to thousands of people's lives by contributing to excellence in their education. We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and strive to offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as various career and professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers. Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all who share a common interest in lifelong learning. Furthermore, our staff enjoy the physical location and natural surrounds of our working environments, which they report as enhancing their job satisfaction.
Alongside our international and Australian partners, Deakin University operates on four main campuses; Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus, and the Warrnambool Campus. We also have a location in the Melbourne and Warrnambool CBDs as well as learning centres across regional Victoria.
The University may require staff to work at other locations outside their primary place of work.