Academic Board Executive Committee
The Academic Board Executive Committee is responsible for providing advice and support to the Chair of the Academic Board regarding the management of the Academic Board's business and associated responsibilities.
Terms of reference and composition
updated 10 June 2014
- To assist the Chair of the Board to set the strategic direction of the Academic Board including agenda items with a strategic focus.
- To provide advice to the Chair of the Board on the management of the business, activities and operations of the Academic Board and its committee structure.
- To assist the Chair of the Board to set the agenda of meetings of the Academic Board.
- To provide advice to the Chair of the Board regarding any academic policy development and review issues.
- To develop an annual Academic Board program of 'hot topics'.
- To consider annual faculty board self-review reports, on behalf of the Board, and report to the Board on any recommended action.
- Chair of the Academic Board (Chair)
- Deputy Chair of the Academic Board
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Pro Vice-Chancellor (Planning and Integrity)
- Chairs of the Academic Board standing committees:
- Chair, Course Standards Committee, or nominee
- Chair, Research and Research Training Committee, or nominee
- Chair, Teaching and Learning Committee, or nominee
- Chair, University Appeals Committee, or nominee
- The Secretary of the Academic Board Executive Committee shall be a member of the Governance Unit.
Page custodian: University Governance Unit Last updated: