Course Standards Committee
The Course Standards Committee is responsible for reviewing academic proposals for new courses, as well as revisions to existing courses. It also provides advice and recommendations to the Academic Board on issues about academic quality and course standards.
Role of the Course Standards Committee
The Course Standards Committee is responsible for:
- monitoring, reviewing and advising on academic standards and quality relevant to higher education courses, including admission eligibility criteria
- reviewing the quality and standards of new and revised higher education courses and their compliance with the Higher Education Standards Framework, and making recommendations for their approval on academic grounds to the Academic Board
- providing advice to the Academic Board regarding new and amended legislation, policy, procedures and processes, in order to ensure the academic standards and quality of higher education courses.
- Chair, Academic Board (or nominee) (Chair of the Committee)
- One member of the Academic Board, appointed by the Chair of the Academic Board (Deputy Chair)
- Chair, Teaching and Learning Committee (or nominee)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education (or nominee)
- Director, Academic Governance and Standards
- Two members from each faculty, with experience in course development and review
- Co-opted members (the Committee may co-opt members at any given time for specific purposes that relate to providing expertise in reviewing course proposals)
Standing invitation with right of audience and debate
- Academic Programs Manager
- A representative from the Division of Student Administration
- A representative from Deakin International
Contact the Secretary for further information and enquiries.