Teaching and Learning Committee
The Teaching and Learning Committee is responsible to the Academic Board for assuring the academic standard, coherence and relevance of all aspects of teaching and learning in relation to higher education awards, including the academic aspects of the student experience. The Committee also provides advice and recommendations to the Academic Board on strategic initiatives related to teaching and learning.
The role of the Teaching and Learning Committee
The Teaching and Learning Committee is responsible for:
- proposing, monitoring and advising on academic standards and quality relating to teaching and learning, including principles of student selection and admission, progression, retention and assessment, the teaching and learning environment, and academic aspects of the student experience
- proposing, monitoring, reviewing and advising on strategic initiatives related to teaching and learning and the student experience
- initiating and monitoring compliance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures and overseeing their implementation, focusing on student-related academic matters and the relevant teaching and learning sections of the Academic Policy Framework
- considering reports from faculty boards, the Institute of Koorie Education and other areas in relation to quality improvements in the teaching and learning environment.
- Two members of the Academic Board (appointed by the Chair of the Academic Board, one shall be chair and one shall be deputy chair)
- Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning) of each faculty
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education
- Pro Vice-Chancellor Teaching and Learning
- Pro Vice-Chancellor Graduate Employment
- Pro Vice-Chancellor International
- One coursework undergraduate student of the University (appointed by the Chair of the Academic Board)
- One coursework postgraduate student of the University (appointed by the Chair of the Academic Board)
- Dean of students
- Executive Director, Division of Student Administration
- Executive Director, Division of Student Life
- Director, Strategic Intelligence and Planning Unit
- University Librarian
- A representative from the Institute of Koorie Education, who is responsible for teaching and learning
- Director, Academic Governance and Standards
- One Faculty General Manager
- Admission, selection and progress representative from each faculty
- Teaching and learning academic staff representative of each faculty
- Co-opted members (the committee may co-opt up to four additional members at any given time for a period of up to one year. The co-option may be renewed on an annual basis)
Staff and students may log in for further information on the Teaching and Learning Committee.
Associate Professor Jamie Mustard
Dr Chad Whelan
Contact the Secretary for further information and enquiries.