Committees of Council
Audit and Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee has responsibilities including:
- providing advice to Council on University accounting
- control and reporting practices
- management of corporate assets and risks
- consideration of external and internal audit reports
- reviewing internal audit policy.
Read more about the Audit and Risk Committee.
Chancellor's Advisory Committee
The Chancellor's Advisory Committee advises the Chancellor and University Council on matters such as:
- appointments to Council membership
- Council operations
- corporate governance matters
- some human resource matters.
Read more about the Chancellor's Advisory Committee.
Finance and Business Affairs Committee
The Finance and Business Affairs Committee has responsibilities including:
- consideration of the University Financial Plan, business cases and financial reports against budget
- reviewing and approving relevant policies relating to the Financial Plan, investments and fixed assets
- governance oversight of University entities
- oversight of campus masterplans, building utilisation and asset management.
Read more about the Finance and Business Affairs Committee.
Honorary Degrees Committee
The Honorary Degrees Committee comprises members of the University Council and Academic Board. It considers proposals for the awarding of honorary degrees to persons who have:
- made a distinguished contribution to a branch of learning or to the arts
- been distinguished by eminent public services or
- rendered distinguished service to the University.
Read more about the Honorary Degrees Committee.
The Investment Committee has responsibilities including:
- providing strategic advice on the University's investments
- reviewing and approving the Investment policy
- overseeing University investment performance
- to review annually the performance and appointment of the Investment Advisors.
Read more about the Investment Committee.
The Legislation Committee is responsible for advising Council on any matter pertaining to:
- the Deakin University Act (2009)
- University statutes
- University regulations.
Read more about the Legislation Committee.
The Remuneration Committee has responsibilities including:
- oversight over the conditions of employment and remuneration of University staff and officers
- considering the Vice-Chancellor's confidential succession plans for University Executives
- advising Council on matters referred to it pertaining to remuneration.
Read more about the Remuneration Committee.