Honorary Degrees Committee
What does the Honorary Degrees Committee do?
The Honorary Degrees Committee responsibilities include:
- considering proposals for the awarding of honorary degrees made under the University's Honorary Degrees procedure
- advising the Vice-Chancellor on whether such proposals should be recommended to Council
- advising and reporting to Council on matters relating to Honorary Degrees of the University.
Honorary Degrees Committee membership
- The Chancellor (Chair), Mr John Stanhope
- Ms Helene Bender
- Mr Peter Meehan
- The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Jane den Hollander
- Chair of the Academic Board, Professor Chris Hickey
- The Deputy Chair of the Academic Board Professor Chris Hickey
- The staff member appointed to Council Professor Jean du Plessis.
Further information about the Honorary Degrees Committee
Page custodian: Governance Services Last updated: