Deakin Alumni and Student Survey CompetitionAlumni news
Deakin students and alumni, go in the running to win some fantastic prizes.
Both Deakin students and alumni must complete an alumni survey to become eligible for the prize draw.
The prize is:
*an Apple Watch Series 3, with six watches to be won in total
Terms and conditions apply to prize draw – see below.
Competition terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to all Deakin University alumni who complete the 2017 Deakin alumni survey and Deakin students who complete the Deakin University alumni survey for Deakin students.
- Staff employed by Deakin University Advancement portfolio are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 30 November 2017 and closes at 5pm AEST on 14 December 2017.
- There are three prizes for each survey with Apple Watch Series 3, therefore six watches in total.
- If a winner of an Apple Watch Series 3 is resident outside of Australia, Deakin may, if requested by the winner, substitute a payment of $500.00AUD for that winner only. In the case of winners residing in Australia, the prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The total prize pool is valued up to $3594.00 AUD.
- Three winners will be drawn randomly from those who complete each of the two surveys.
How to enter
- Alumni must complete the 2017 Deakin alumni survey and Deakin students must complete the Deakin University alumni survey for Deakin students to be in the draw to win one of the six prizes.
- The winners’ names will be drawn on 15 December 2017 at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Campus.
- The winners will be notified by one or more of email, SMS and in writing. The names of the winners will be published online at http://www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of the draw date. Winners will be sent the prize.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 21 days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within 28 days of the original draw date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in paragraph 12.
- Prizes are not transferable. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin.
Personal Information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to conduct the draw, notify the winner and publish the winner’s name. It will also be used to establish or update information in Deakin University’s Alumni Advancement Database. For further information on use of alumni data by the University, please see https://engage.deakin.edu.au/privacy-policy.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).