Deakin Alumni Community CompetitionAlumni news
Deakin alumni, win an amazing experience at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
The package includes;
- Three nights of accommodation at the Meriton Suites Broadbeach from Wednesday 4 April, 2018 to check out Saturday 7 April, 2018.
- Return flights up to the value of $2000.00 for two people (see the competition terms and conditions).
- Two x Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony category A tickets for Wednesday 4 April, 2018.
- Two x Swimming final tickets category A tickets for Thursday 5 April, 2018.
- Two x Beach Volleyball tickets category A for Friday 6 April, 2018.
- Two adult Go Explore passes.
Terms and conditions apply to this package – see below.
How to enter -
- Log in to the Deakin University Alumni Community portal now: https://engage.deakin.edu.au - Update your personal contact information (your address, phone number, email address, or business details and/or select your areas of interest).
- By selecting your areas of interest, you will receive communications that are meaningful to you.
- The competition runs from 9am AEST on 23 November, 2017 and closes at 9am AEST on 8 January, 2018.
- One winner will be drawn randomly from those eligible
Competition terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to all Deakin University Alumni who either update their personal contact information including address or phone or email or business details and/or areas of interest on the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal or via email to email@example.com
- Staff employed by Deakin University Advancement portfolio are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 23 November 2017 and closes at 9am AEST on 8 January 2018.
- attendance package including selected and pre-booked event tickets, transfers, accommodation plus a flight allowance.
- The total prize pool is valued up to $5382.42 AUD.
- The flight allowance is up to $2000.00 AUD combined total value for two people. In the event that the cost of flights to attend the event is greater than $2000.00 for two people, then the winner has the option of paying the additional amount themselves or to decline the prize and in which case the winner would be redrawn. In the event that the flights for two people cost less than $2000.00AUD total, the remaining amount up to the value of $2000.00 will not be passed on to the winner.
- The winner has no ability to change the prize package inclusions and no ability to change the dates that the prize is to be taken. The prize must be taken from 04/04/18 to 07/04/18 at Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Australia.
- This prize cannot be substituted for a cash amount.
- The Deakin Alumni Relations Office will liaise with the winner in regards to booking flights and preferred flight times and routes, however the final flight selection is at the discretion of the Alumni Relations Office.
- One winner will be drawn randomly from those eligible.
- The winner chooses to accept the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games package at their own will. Deakin University cannot be held responsible for unpredictable events occurred along the execution of this competition including in transit, that may provedly interfere in the prize delivery shall be characterized as an act of God or force majeure and considered as causes of liability exemption, such as: wars, military hostilities, terrorism acts, police actions and other similar ones; general strikes or in specific sectors, occurring in the local, national or international sphere; nature acts and other catastrophic climate phenomena that are evidently atypical in relation to the period or the place and impossible to be predicted by Deakin University, in spite of their existence.
- The winners will not be hosted by Deakin University staff throughout the execution of the competition or in transit, and are therefore not said to be attending a Deakin University event.
How to enter
- Entrants who update their details via the Deakin University Alumni Community Portal or via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org will automatically receive one entry in the competition. Entrants will only be registered for this competition once regardless of how many times their details are updated during the competition period.
Selection and notification of the winner
- The prize draw will be conducted on 8 January 2018 at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Waurn Ponds Campus.
- The winner will be notified by one or more of email, SMS and in writing. The names of the winner will be published online at http://www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of the draw date. Winners will be sent the relevant ticketing and information to attend the event.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 14 days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within 21 days of the original draw date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in paragraph 17.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin University’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- If the winner has to cancel their attendance at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games at any time before the event, the Deakin Alumni Office has the authority to redraw the winner and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in paragraph 17.
- Entrants consent to Deakin using their name, image or voice for promotional purposes. Winners agree to make themselves available for a photograph and interview in the event and if requested by Deakin.
Personal Information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to conduct the draw, notify the winner and publish the winner’s name. It will also be used to establish or update information in Deakin University’s Alumni Advancement Database. For further information on use of alumni data by the University, please see https://engage.deakin.edu.au/privacy-policy.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).