Dr Gabrielle Wolf is an Associate Professor and the Course Director of the Juris Doctor in Deakin Law School. Gabrielle obtained degrees in Arts (with Honours), Law, and a PhD in History from the University of Melbourne, and a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Learning and Teaching from Deakin University.
Since commencing at Deakin Law School in 2014, she has published on aspects of the current and past regulation of health practitioners, health records and sentencing law. In 2016, Gabrielle was a researcher for the Data to Decisions Cooperative Research Centre.
Prior to joining Deakin Law School, Gabrielle published on topics in law, history and theatre studies. She also worked as a research associate for a judge in the Family Court of Australia and as a lawyer in private practice and in-house. Gabrielle practised in a range of areas of the law, including the regulation of health practitioners, at Minter Ellison Lawyers, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, the Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria, Russell Kennedy Lawyers, and Macpherson & Kelley Lawyers.Read more on Gabrielle's profile
- Regulation of Health Practitioners
- History of the Regulation of Health Practitioners
- Health Records
- Sentencing Law
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Law and History Society (ANZLHS).
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Society of the History of Medicine (ANZSHM).
- Contract Law
- MLL334 - Evidence Law
- MLJ702 - Contract Law and Policy
- Wolf, G. ‘Moritz Meyer and the Medical Board: Preventing Refugee Doctors from Practising Medicine in Victoria, Australia, 1937-58’, Australian and New Zealand Law and History Society Conference, 2018.
- Wolf, G., 'Preservation of Patient Confidentiality in an Electronic Health Record System', Medical Software Industry Association Summit, 2017.
- Wolf, G., 'Hartnett, Epstein, Van der Hope: Regulating Unconventional Doctors', Australian and New Zealand Society for the History of Medicine Biennial Conference, 2017.
- Wolf, G., 'Hartnett, Epstein, Van der Hope: Emotion and the Regulation of Unconventional Doctors', History of Emotions Conference, 2016.
- Wolf, G., 'From Cancelling the Registration of the ‘Inebriate’ to Suspending the Registration of the ‘Impaired’: Powers Granted to Medical Boards in Victoria to Regulate Unwell Doctors Between 1844 and 2015', Australian and New Zealand Society for the History of Medicine Biennial Conference, 2015.
- Wolf, G., 'A Delayed Inheritance: The Medical Board of Victoria's 75-Year Wait to Find Doctors Guilty of Infamous Conduct in a Professional Respect', Australian and New Zealand Law and History Society Conference, 2014.
- Wolf, G., 'A Modern Sort of Mateship: Challenges to Australian Mateship in the New Wave', Sponsored by the School of Historical Studies, Monash University, History Australia, Eras and the Melbourne Branch of the Society for the Study of Labour History, 2006.
- Wolf, G., 'Historical Entertainment: Representations of Australian History and the Nation in Melbourne Federation Theatre', Australian Historical Association Conference, 2002.
- Wolf, G., 'Australian Immigrants and Aborigines: Outsiders to the Australian National Stage?', Adelaide University Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences Conference, 2001.
- Wolf, G., 'Performing the Nation on Melbourne Stages: British Authority in Australia', International Federation of Theatre Research conference, 2001.
- Wolf, G., 'Stage of a City: Marvellous Melbourne as Culture and Performance', Australasian Drama Studies Association Conference, 2001.
- ABC Radio National, 'Books and Arts' with Michael Cathcart, a panel discussion about the Australian Performing Group, Australia, 17 July 2017.
- 'Are Health Boards Fair and Impartial?', Sydney Morning Herald and Canberra Times, Australia, 20 August 2014.
- Co-host of 'Batmania', 3RRR radio station, Australia, 2014.
- ABC Melbourne with Jon Faine, interview regarding Make It Australian, Australia, 7 May 2008.
- 'Timeless Allure of Live Action', Australian Literary Review, Australia, 6 December 2006.
- 'Backstage Passes', Australian Literary Review, Australia, 4 October 2006.
- Commendation, Victorian Community History Awards, for Make It Australian: The Australian Performing Group, The Pram Factory and New Wave Theatre, Australia, 2009.
- Manuscript Sponsorship, Writing Centre for Scholars and Researchers, School of Graduate Studies, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2006.
- Lloyd Robson Memorial Award, History Department, University of Melbourne, Australia, 2002.
- The University of Melbourne Travel for Research in Postgraduate Study funding, Australia, 2001.
- Australian Postgraduate Award with Stipend, Australia, 2000.
- The University of Melbourne International Scholarship, Australia, 1996.
M Bagaric, D Hunter, G Wolf
(2018), Vol. 108, pp. 73-135, Journal of criminal law and criminology, Baltimore, Md., C1
(2018), Vol. 25, pp. 331-356, Journal of Law and Medicine, Rozelle, N.S.W., C1
M Bagaric, T Alexander, G Wolf
(2018), Vol. 42, pp. 34-50, Criminal law journal, New York, N.Y., C1
Mirko Bagaric, Gabrielle Wolf, William Rininger
(2018), Vol. 22, pp. 1-60, Lewis and Clark law review, Portland, Or., C1
(2018), Vol. 26, pp. 61-88, Journal of law and medicine, Rozelle, N.S.W., C1
(2017), Vol. 24, pp. 597-615, Journal of law and medicine, New York, N.Y., C1
(2017), pp. 73-99, Health law: frameworks and context, Cambridge, Eng., B1
M Bagaric, N Fischer, G Wolf
(2017), Vol. 45, pp. 785-850, Hofstra law review, Hempstead, N.Y., C1
(2017), Vol. 39, pp. 199-231, Sydney Law Review, Australia, C1
D Mendelson, G Wolf
(2017), pp. 266-282, Tensions and traumas in health law, Annandale, N.S.W., B1
(2016), Vol. 39, pp. 1410-1437, University of New South Wales law journal, Sydney, N.S.W., C1
D Mendelson, G Wolf
(2016), Vol. 24, pp. 283-296, Journal of law and medicine, New York, N.Y., C1
(2015), Vol. 22, pp. 568-587, Journal of law and medicine, North Ryde, N.S.W., C1-1
(2014), Vol. 40, pp. 890-919, Monash University law review, Melbourne, Vic., C1
C Sowerwine, G Wolf
(2008), Vol. 45, pp. 81-97, Australian Journal of French Studies, United Kingdom, C1-1
(2008), Strawberry Hills, N.S.W., A1-1
(2004), Vol. 28, pp. 73-81, Journal of Australian studies, Abingdon, Eng., C1-1
(1996), Vol. 10, pp. 1-15, Australian journal of family law, Chatswood, N.S.W., C1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
Other Funding Sources
Identity assurance - B1
Prof Louis De Koker, Prof Pompeu Casanovas Romeu, Prof Danuta Mendelson, Dr Bridget Bainbridge, Dr Gabrielle Wolf, Prof Sandeep Gopalan
- 2016: $115,535
No completed student supervisions to report