Nuannuan Lin is a Lecturer in Law, Deakin Law School. She received her LL.B. (Hons) from Wuhan University of Technology, her LL.M. (Research) from Fudan University, and her Ph.D. in Law from the Western Sydney University.
Dr. Lin’s research interests include Comparative Health Law, Tort Reform, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Financial Services Regulation, Law and Society in China, and Chinese Economic Development and Legal Reform. Her Chinese article on no-fault medical liability was published in the number one ranked journal of social science in China. Her English article “The Restorative Role of Apology in Resolving Medical Disputes: Lessons from Chinese Legal Culture” was awarded the John McPhee Essay Prize by the Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law in 2014. This article was published in the Journal of Bioethical Inquiry in 2015.
Dr. Lin is member of the Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law (AABHL) and of the International Network for Law and Apology Research (INLAR). She is also Research Fellow at the Centre for Health Law and the Centre for Financial Law at Fudan University, and member of China Civil Law Society.Read more on Nuannuan's profile
Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law
International Network for Law and Apology Research
Research Fellow, Centre for Health Law, Fudan University, China
Research Fellow, Centre for Financial Law, Fudan University, China
China Civil Law Society
- Health Law (MLL330, MLM715)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Principles and Practice (MLL328)
Bioethics and Health Law
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Financial Services Regulation
Comparative Tort Law
Law and Society in China
Chinese Economic Development and Legal Reform
- Invited presentation on “Medical Dispute, Violence, and Apologies: What Would the Proposed Chinese Apology Law Do?” Australasian Association of Bioethics Health Law Conference 2015, Wellington, New Zealand, 25-28 June 2015.
- Invited presentation on “Medical Dispute and Apologies: An Explanation in Confucianism”, Global Forum on Health and Medical Law, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 18-19 April 2015.
- Invited presentation on “Restoring Trust: The Role of Apology in Preventing Hospital Violence in China”, Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law Conference 2014, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia, 02-04 October 2014.
- Invited presentation on “A Critical Perspective on Chinese Legal Mechanisms for Medical Malpractice”, The Second International Forum on Civil Law and 2011 Annual Meeting for Academy for East Asian Tort Law, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 16-17 August 2011.
- Chinese Government Awards for Outstanding Students Abroad, China Scholarship Council (2014)
- Winner of the John McPhee Essay Prize, Australasian Association of Bioethics and Health Law, Australia (2014)
- Principal Investigator: Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project, Project Title: No-Fault Medical Liability: A Comparative Study. Funded by the Shanghai Municipal Education Commission (Contract: B102; 2012).
- Co-Principal Investigator: The National Social Science Fund of China, Project Title: Liability for Heavy Mental Pollution under the Chinese Tort Law. Funded by the National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Science (Contract: 12&ZD236; 2013-2016).
- Co-Principal Investigator: Government Research Fund, Project Title: Government Liability under the Chinese Tort Law. Funded by the Legislative Affairs Office of Shanghai Municipal People's Government (2010).
D Mendelson, N Lin
(2016), Vol. 23, pp. 762-779, Journal of law and medicine, Rozelle, N.S.W., C1
(2015), Vol. 12, pp. 699-708, Journal of bioethical inquiry, New York , N.Y., C1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report