- Public Sector Accounting
- Management Accounting in Hospitals
- Contemporary critical accounting issues
- Focussing on research in gender in the accounting professions
- Accounting in popular culture
- Accounting and education
- Member of the British Accounting Association
- Member of the International Association for Health Care Technology and Management
- Member of the European Gender Budgeting Group
- Member of the Women Budget Group
- Financial Reporting Analysis
John Perrin Prize for Best Paper 2014 awarded for the paper ‘Cash Limits, Hospital Prescribing and shrinking Medical Jurisdiction’ Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 30, Number 4, pp. 403- 429, with Jackson W., Patterson A. and Pong C.
2013 Deakin Graduate School of Business, Head of School Award for excellence in teaching (2012 and 2013).
2013 Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s (Academic) Letter of Commendation for excellence in Teaching (2012).