- Senior Lecturer in Finance at Deakin University, Melbourne, since January 2016
- Lecturer in Finance at Deakin University, Melbourne, 2011-2015
- Visiting Scholar, American Univeristy of Sharjah, UAE, 2015-2016
- Sessional staff in Accounting and Finance at Monash University, Caulfield Campus, 2008-2011
- Visiting Lecturer, Ritsumeikan APU, Japan, 2008
- Visiting Research Fellow, Kobe Gakuin University, Japan, 2004-2005
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Finance, University of Chittagong, 1999-2004
- Islamic finance and banking
- Volatility and risk modelling
- Macroeconomic risk
- Financial markets
- MAF367 - Treasury Operations
- MAF203 - Business Finance
- MAF306 - International Finance and Investment
- MAF760 - International Finance
- Religiosity, Neglected risk and Asset Returns in Islamic Finance Industry, 3rd CHAPMAN CONFERENCE ON MONEY AND FINANCE, Chapman University, CA 4th May 2018
- Can Islamic Banking Prevent Asset Price Bubble? ICIBF Conference -2016, Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
- Why is interest free Islamic banking not free from interest? Economics Seminar Series December 2015, American University of Sharjah, UAE.
- Why is interest free Islamic banking not free from interest? Presented at the Asia Pacific Association of Derivatives (APAD) Conference in Busan/South Korea, 2015.
- "Islamic Banking and Asset Price Bubbles", presented at the "IBF 2014 Islamic Finance", June 2014, Lancaster University, UK.
- IIBR-LIBOR Relationship and the Nature and Determinants of “Islamic Premium” presented at the Asia Pacific Association of Derivatives (APAD) Conference in Busan/South Korea, August 23-24, 2013.
- Market Inefficiency and Trade-induced Manipulations: Evidence from Emerging Markets, Presented at "Higher Moments, Risk Management and Financial Markets Symposium", Vietnam, January 2013.
- Pricing Business Cycle, Skewness and Correlation Risk in US Swap Market. Presented at the Asia Pacific Association of Derivatives (APAD) Conference in Busan/South Korea, August 23-24, 2012.
- Measuring Swap Market Links via Volatility Transmissions and Contagion: What Are We Really Picking Up?, Presented at the Accounting and Corporate Governance Seminar Series, Macquarie University, Sydney, March 17th 2011.
- Financial Integration and Swap Market Links Under Two-component Volatility Model: Evidence from the Major Swap Market, Presented at the Midwest Finance Association Conference in Chicago, March 2-5, 2011.
- OBS (OITA), Japan: Micro Finance, National Heritage Sites and Festivals of Bangladesh
- Monash Graduate Research Scholarship/Monash University, 2008-2011
- Faculty of Business and Economics Scholarship/Monash University, 2008-2011
- Makita Scholarship/Japan, 2006-2008
- United Nations University Academic Excellence Award, 2006
- Japanese Government Scholarship (JASSO), 2005-2006
- Research Grants from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, 2005 and 2007
- Visiting Research Fellowship, Kobe Gakuin University, Japan, 2004-2005
- Faculty Research Grants in 2013 (Amount: $8,000): Exposing the Interest Rate Swap Spreads: Australian Evidence (Joint investigator) with Vincent (Joint Investigator) and Fang (Mentor).
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (Amount: $18,108): Accounting Standards and Misrepresentation of Islamic Financial Instruments Risk with Ahsan and Azmat (joint investigators).
A Azad, S Azmat, A Chazi, A Ahsan
(2018), Vol. 35, pp. 120-136, Emerging markets review, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
A Azad, S Azmat, A Chazi, A Ahsan
(2018), pp. 1-16, Journal of international financial markets, institutions and money, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
K Al-Hilu, A Azad, A Chazi, A Khallaf
(2017), Vol. 53, pp. 1573-1588, Emerging markets finance and trade, Abingdon, Eng., C1
A Azad, A Chazi, P Cooper, A Ahsan
(2017), Vol. 41, pp. 354-361, Research in international business and finance, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
A Azad, J Batten, V Fang, J Wickramanayake
(2015), Vol. 47, pp. 355-371, Economic Modelling, C1
A Azad, J Batten, V Fang
(2015), Vol. 40, pp. 1-13, International Review of Financial Analysis, C1
S Azad, S Azmat, V Fang, P Edirisuriya
(2014), Vol. 30, pp. 51-71, Research in international business and finance, Philadelphia, USA, C1
C Hung, A Azad, V Fang
(2014), Vol. 31, pp. 14-29, Journal of international financial markets, institutions & money, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
A Azad, S Yasushi, V Fang, A Ahsan
(2014), Vol. 32, pp. 159-171, Research in international business and finance, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
A Sohel Azad, V Chheang, A Ahsan
(2014), Vol. 19, pp. 311-321, Tourism analysis, Putnam Valley, NY, C1
A Azad, A Ahsan, V Fang
(2013), pp. 143-159, Emerging markets and the global economy: a handbook, Oxford, England, B1
V Fang, A Azad, J Batten, C Lin
(2012), pp. 379-398, Contemporary studies in economic and financial analysis, Bingley, England, B1
A Azad, V Fang, C Hung
(2012), Vol. 22, pp. 38-47, International review of financial analysis, Amsterdam, Netherlands, C1
A Azad, V Fang, J Wickramanayake
(2011), Vol. 11, pp. 353-390, International review of finance, Richmond, Vic., C1-1
S Azad, S Azmat
(2010), pp. 293-297, Financial contagion : the viral threat to the wealth of nations, Hoboken, N. J., B1-1
(2009), Vol. 23, pp. 93-118, Asian economic journal, Richmond, Vic., C1-1
(2009), Vol. 23, pp. 322-338, Research in international business and finance, New York, N. Y., C1-1
M Jahur, A Azad
(2004), Vol. 51, pp. 73-89, Journal of the institute of bankers Bangladesh, [Dhaka, Bangladesh], C1-1
S Azad, M Shamsuddoha, T Arif
(2004), pp. 1-9, Enhancing Performance : Agenda for Growth : proceedings of the Prestige Institute of Management and Research (PIMR) national conference, Indore, India, January 29-30, 2004, Indore, India, E1-1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
Thi Anh Thu Pham
Thesis entitled: Studies of firm efficiency on stock returns
Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Finance