Dr Sutha Kanapathippillai is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Accounting in Deakin Business School. Sutha has extensive teaching in financial accounting and management accounting at undergraduate and postgraduate level. He is a CIMA and CPA qualified accountant and has been involved in teaching financial reporting at CPA professional level programs.
Sutha has received a number of awards for his teaching at Deakin University. His research interests include corporate governance, voluntary disclosure, executive remuneration, and audit fees.Read more on Sutha's profile
- Executive remuneration
- Voluntary disclosure
- Corporate governance
- Accounting Education
- Rights offerings
- Member, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ).
- Member, American Accounting Association (AMA).
- Member, European Accounting Association (ECA).
- Financial accounting
- Corporate accounting
- Management accounting
- MAA363 - Corporate Accounting
- MAA261 - Financial Accounting
- MAA262 - Management Accounting
- 'Directors’ turnover and audit fees', Journal of Contemporary accounting and Economics (JCAE), Taiwan, 5-7 January 2017.
- 'The Influence of Remuneration Committee Existence and Quality on CEO compensation', Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ), Australia, 5-7 July 2015.
- 'Narrative Voluntary Executive Remuneration Disclosure And Use Of Attribution Strategy', Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ), New Zealand, 6-8 July 2014.
- 'Remuneration Committee Quality and Narrative Voluntary Executive Remuneration Disclosure', Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ), Australia, 7-9 July 2013.
- 'Issuance of Warrants in Seasoned Equity Offerings – Evidence from Rights Offerings', Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ), Australia, 2011.
- Executive Dean’s Distinguished Teaching Award, Faculty of Business and Law 2018.
- Recognition for exceptional class performance - Financial Reporting Professional level Examination, CPA Australia, 2017.
- Outstanding contribution to teaching developing and management of the B.Com accounting courses, Department of Accounting, 2016.
- Outstanding contribution to teaching, Department of Accounting, 2015.
- Sustained teaching performance at post graduate level, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, 2010.
- Teaching Excellence Exemplars Award 2010.
- Best teaching across the School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance, 2009.
B Balachandran, S Kanapathippillai, C Krishnamurti, M Theobald, E Velayutham
(2017), Vol. 42, pp. 608-636, Australian journal of management, London, Eng., C1
S Kanapathippillai, D Mihret, S Johl
(2017), pp. 1-20, Journal of business ethics, Dordrecht, the Netherlands, C1
L Perera, S Kanapathippillai, G Wines
(2016), Vol. 24, pp. 134-148, Asian review of accounting, Bingley, Eng., C1
S Kanapathippillai, S Johl, G Wines
(2016), Vol. 40, pp. 384-402, Pacific-Basin finance journal, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, C1
S Kanapathippillai, A Khan, S Dellaportas
(2016), Vol. 11, pp. 133-154, Journal of international business education, Edinburgh, Scotland, C1
S Dellaportas, S Kanapathippillai, A Khan, P Leung
(2014), Vol. 23, pp. 362-, Accounting Education, London, C1-1
Sutharson Kanapathippillai, Ahamed Hasheem, Steven Dellaportas
(2012), Vol. 20, pp. 4-19, Asian Review of Accounting, C1
Funded Projects at Deakin
No Funded Projects at Deakin found
No completed student supervisions to report