Vicki Huang is the co-director of the Juris Doctor program and a law lecturer at Deakin University. She is also a PhD candidate at the University of Melbourne. Ms Huang graduated from the Melbourne Law School with first class honours. She also completed an L.L.M. at Columbia University Law School on a Burton Memorial Fellowship where she graduated with honours as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
Prior to her appointment at Deakin, Ms Huang was a sessional lecturer at the Melbourne Law School. Ms Huang previously worked for the Federal Court of Australia as a Research Associate to the Hon. Justice Finkelstein. She also worked for a number of years at law firms in Melbourne (Ashursts) and the USA (Morrison Foerster) with a focus on litigation and intellectual property law. She has been admitted to practice in Victoria as an Australian lawyer and admitted to the State Bar of California as an American attorney.
Ms Huang also has a first class honours degree in psychology and economics and has worked in management consulting and investment banking. She also worked as an intern at the United Nations, New York in the Secretary General's Office. Her multi-disciplinary background is reflected in her research work. Ms Huang’s research focuses on inter-disciplinary aspects of intellectual property law and empirical research methods into law. She currently teaches property law, corporations law and marketing law.
- MLJ711 Property Law and Policy
- MLL 327 Property Law
• Brands and the Challenges of Grey Markets - Panellist, 26 October 2011, IPRIA Public Seminar, University of Melbourne.
• The Use of Survey Evidence in US Trademark Litigation - Panellist, 23 July 2014, CMCL Seminar, University of Melbourne.
• Australian Postgraduate Award (PhD scholarship 2011)
• Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar Award (Columbia University 2008)
• Burton Memorial Fellowship (Columbia University scholarship 2007)
• Prize for Trade Mark Law and Unfair Competition (Melbourne Law School)
Ms Vicki Huang
(2017), Vol. 42, pp. 580-595, Assessment and evaluation in higher education, Abingdon, Eng., C1
Ms Vicki Huang, Kimberlee Weatherall, Elizabeth Webster
(2012), pp. 181-202, The law of reputation and brands in the Asia Pacific, Cambridge, England, B1
James Pooley, Ms Vicki Huang
(2011), Vol. 22, pp. 45-68, Fordham intellectual property, media and entertainment law journal, New York, N. Y., C1-1
No grants found
No completed student supervisions to report