LIVE the future is Deakin’s plan for a bold and exciting future. It focuses on harnessing the power, opportunity and reach of the digital world in all that we do.
A bold and exciting future
LIVE the future 2020 provides Deakin with a framework for a bold, exciting future.
It ensures that engagement and innovation ‘anywhere’ and ‘everywhere we are’ are grounded in all aspects of Deakin life – our teaching, our research and our enterprise. This enables our students and staff to thrive and to excel.
I call on all those whose lives have been touched by Deakin to join with me in achieving our vision – that we will be Australia’s premier university in driving the digital frontier to enable globally connected education for the jobs of the future and research that makes a difference to the benefit of our students, our staff and the communities we serve. Join us to LIVE the future.
Our vision and mission
The Deakin vision and mission for its students, staff, alumni, partners and friends is:
- Deakin University offers you a borderless and personalised relationship, creating the power and opportunities to live the future in a new world.
- Deakin will be Australia's premier university in enabling globally connected education for the jobs of the future, and research that makes a difference to the communities.
The Deakin Promise
Offer a brilliant education where you are and where you want to go
We do this by:
- providing premium cloud and located learning
- delivering global and connected education
- welcoming, supporting and retaining committed and capable learners
- empowering learners for the jobs and skills of the future.
Make a difference through world-class innovation and research
We do this by:
- growing research capacity, depth and breadth
- developing targeted commercial research partnerships
- developing a strategic international research footprint.
Strengthen our communities, enable our partners and enhance our enterprise
We do this by:
- creating innovative environments – both located and in the cloud
- building employee capacity, capability and productivity
- progressing a sustainable and competitive enterprise.
Delight our students, alumni, staff and friends
We do this by:
- delivering support services to enable success and enrich the learning, living and social experience for students
- delivering services, resources and facilities to enable an engaged, inclusive, productive and satisfied learning community
- strengthening connections with and adding value to governments, industry, alumni and the communities that Deakin serves.
Deakin's commitment to drive higher education's digital frontier manifests in a number of exciting ways.
From world-class research and facilities to our forward-thinking staff, our technological infrastructure or our exclusive partnerships, we're constantly striving for new ways to improve student experience, research outcomes and industry partnerships.
Wherever you are in the world, you can study or collaborate with Deakin. Deakin's global network offers personal relationships that support student learning, an enriching student experience and bleeding-edge research and industry collaborations.
Our quality and standards
We’re committed to quality and accountability in all our operations. This ensures there are appropriate processes in place to maintain and enhance the quality and integrity of our research, our teaching and learning and how we engage with the communities we serve.
Academic study programs and integrity
We maintain the quality, standard and integrity of our academic programs through our policies, as well as by planning, conducting surveys, analysing business intelligence data and ensuring we comply with Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) requirements.
Research integrity and safety
We provide our researchers with induction, training and support in: research integrity; human research and animal ethics; and biosafety, biosecurity and radiation safety.
As a public-sector agency, Deakin is required to submit an annual report to Tertiary Education Governance (Skills Victoria) for tabling in the Victorian Parliament, pursuant to the Financial Management Act 1994 (Vic).
The report is prepared in accordance with reporting and disclosure requirements set annually by the Victorian Government's Tertiary Education Governance Unit Higher Education and Skills Group in the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.