Student spaces - John Hay Building
All four floors of the John Hay Building have been revitalised as part of the GARS 2 project. The Library extension works on Level 3 will continue until the end of Trimester 2, 2013.
Student Services precinct and breakout spaces
Level 2 has been renovated to house an open-plan Student Services precinct.
|In the Student Services precinct:
- Deakin Medical Centre
- Security office
- DUSA Bookshop
- Division of Student Life
- Division of Student Administration
- Deakin International
- Equity & Diversity Unit
Features of the new space:
- Break out areas with comfortable furniture, available 24/7
- 4 x consulting rooms
- 2 x open meeting rooms
- 8 x self-service points with computers
- All tastefully presented, blending modern, world-class design elements with the historic features of the heritage building
There are three new teaching spaces still under construction on Level 2, as well as a shared office for Deakin's Commerce and Law Student Societies. These will be completed by the end of Trimester 2, 2013.
The Waterfront Kitchen - the newest face of Waterfront dining
The Waterfront Kitchen on Level 1 opened at the beginning of March, with the facility upgraded to provide:
- A modern space with seating zones for coffee, casual dining, more formal dining and lounge areas
- The outdoor space along Western Beach Road will be opened after Easter weekend for al fresco dining, inviting the public to engage with the University
- Increased seating capacity from 116 to over 250 (including outdoor seating for over 50)
- A significant upgrade to the kitchen and equipment will enable improved catering for large functions such as graduation ceremonies
Visit the Waterfront Kitchen website for information on menus and catering.