Leadership and Engagement
The University’s vision is to lead by example on how we can create sustainable campuses and to engage staff and students during the process. The leadership and engagement program has been designed to facilitate this process and promote corporate and community awareness of and involvement in sustainability issues and programs.
- awareness programs developed for environmental design standards and Facilites Services project managers
- opportunities developed to integrate corporate environmental programs with academic activity, while continuing to support interdisciplinary environmental initiatives
- awareness of the Office for Sustainability increased as a source of assistance in relation to environmental impact; and increase Deakin-wide actions
- awareness of environmental sustainability increased within the University community.
Key activities undertaken
- annual environmental forums for educating and raising awareness within the university about the importance of sustainable practices and the environment
- ongoing interactions with academic and general staff, students, and external parties to progress environmental sustainability practices and programs
- implementation of a pilot cross-faculty module in environmental sustainability
- implement awareness and behavioural change campaign for all program areas.