Our research streams
The Institute's research streams foster opportunities for collaboration, project development and mentoring among members and students with shared research interests and priorities. We provide significant financial and administrative resources to our four streams to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration and to seed new research.
Our research streams were recently rearticulated to better reflect the Institute’s research growth and priorities, as well as evolving global and local influences and agendas. More information regarding the rearticulated research streams will be added shortly.
We conduct innovative, interdisciplinary research projects funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC), as well as in partnerships and consultancies with the not-for-profit sector, government and industry.
Our research networks
ADI also hosts nine research networks who organised a series of discipline-focused activities. The events strengthen the Institute’s local and global partnerships and provide further forums for collaboration and the exchange of ideas.
- AVERT Research Network (Addressing Violent Extremism and Radicalisation to Terrorism)
- Cultural Heritage Asia–Pacific Group
- Deakin Critical Animal Studies Network
- Global Digital Public Initiative (GDPi)
- International Research Network on Multiculturalism
- Middle East Studies Forum (MESF)
- Philosophy and the History of Ideas (PHI)
- Politics and International Studies
- Science and Society Network