Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library

print
 

Western Victoria Collections

The Western Victoria Collections of the Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library contain a rich and diverse range of material relating to Western Victoria, Australia.

The collections consist of over 5,000 items including local histories, publications relating to business, cultural and sporting organisations, biographies, literature, and annual, economic and developmental reports. Also included are journals and newsletters, almanacs, pamphlets, maps, architectural drawings of Warrock homestead, audio visual material, local newspapers and the Wathaurung Territory series, all relating to Western Victoria.

The Western Victoria Collections can be consulted in the Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library, Sally Walker Building, Geelong Waterfront Campus during opening hours.

Warrnambool Collection

This collection contains over 1,000 items relevant to the Warrnambool area. It also includes the Edmund Gill geological collection. The Warrnambool Collection is held in the Special Collection at the Warrnambool Campus Library.

Identifying material in the catalogue

Items held in the Western Victoria Collections and the Warrnambool Collection are listed in the Library Catalogue. Material from these Collections has the prefixes:

DU ADPML SPWV
DU W'BOOL SPC

Virtual display

The "Geelong Album" of 1866

Research projects

The Western Victoria Collections provide an excellent resource for regional studies in:

  • Agriculture
  • Economics
  • Geography
  • Immigration
  • Literature
  • Local business
  • Family history
  • Regional development
  • Archaeology
  • Culture

Other Web Sites of Interest

Geelong Heritage Centre (City of Greater Geelong)
Bellarine Peninsula Heritage
Western Victorian Association of Historical Societies Inc.
Western District of Victoria, Genealogical Links and References
Ballarat & District Genealogical Society Inc.
You've got Buckleys ...
People in Place: images of Western Victorians

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

11th February 2013