Graduate documents

Once you become eligible to graduate you will receive an academic transcript.

Your testamur (certificate) and an Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) are provided when you graduate - all free of charge.

Academic transcript

This is your official record of study at Deakin. It lists your course, units, majors and specialisations, grades, dates of study and any honours. Prospective employers may use it to verify your qualifications.

How to order a transcript

Fill in the quick online form and we’ll send your new transcript in the post. Or, drop in to Student Central on any campus to collect in person.

Someone other than you picking up your transcript

If someone else is picking up your transcript for you at Student Central, please alert us via email and include their name and date of birth. They'll also need to bring photo ID.

Pre-1988 students

If you studied in Geelong prior to 1979, in Melbourne prior to 1985 or in Warrnambool prior to 1987, please contact Student Central directly:

  • Monday - Friday : 8:30 am to 8 pm (Wednesday from 9.30 am)
  • Saturday : 10 am to 2 pm

+61 3 9244 6333

+61 3 5227 2333

+61 3 5563 3333

Transcript charges

Original transcript issued following course completionFree
One replacement transcript$40
Additional copies (when ordered at the same time as original)$7.50
Additional charge for records prior to 1979 (Geelong), 1985 (Melbourne), 1987 (Warrnambool)$55
Postage charges
Regular post$0
Express post within Australia$7
International courier (2–5 business days)$25

Is your major missing?

If your transcript doesn't list your major, ask your faculty to add it, then order a new transcript from Student Central.

Faculty of Arts and Education

+61 3 9246 8100

Geelong Waurn Ponds/Waterfront 
+61 3 5227 1359

+61 3 5563 3489

Email Arts and Ed undergraduates support
Email Arts and Ed postgraduates support

Faculty of Business and Law

Faculty of Health

Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment

+61 3 9244 6699 
Email SEBE at Melbourne Burwood

Geelong Waurn Ponds
+61 3 5227 2463 
Email SEBE at Geelong Waurn Ponds

Geelong Waterfront 
+61 3 5227 8300 
Email SEBE at Geelong Waterfront

+61 3 5563 3327 
Email SEBE at Warrnambool


A testamur (or certificate) is the award certificate and official document that confirms the conferral of your course and includes your majors and specialisations, distinction and honours, if awarded.

If you complete a double degree you will receive two testamurs – one for each stream of your degree. If attending your graduation ceremony, they will be presented together in one testamur pocket.

Note: A replacement testamur will only be issued once the completed replacement testamur form has been sent to the Graduation Office and payment has been made.

How to replace your testamur

We can send you a new testamur for free if you didn’t receive your original (within 12 months of conferral/ceremony date) or if it was damaged in the post. For all other reasons there’s a charge.

Complete the Request - replacement testamur (PDF 300KB) form and choose from one of the payment options below to request a replacement testamur. An authorised witness must sign the statutory declaration before you submit this form.


In Person

Payment can be made at any Student Central on campus. EFTPOS, Visa or MasterCard are accepted.


Payment can be made over the phone using Visa or MasterCard.  Contact Student Central Monday - Friday : 8:30 am to 8 pm (Wednesday from 9.30 am) and Saturday : 10 am to 2 pm on
Melbourne +61 3 9244 6333
Geelong +61 3 5227 2333
Warrnambool +61 3 5563 3333


Payment can be made online using Visa or MasterCard.

Cheque/Money Order

Make your cheque or money order payable to Deakin University. Send this along with the completed Request - replacement testamur (PDF 300KB) form to:

Graduations Office
Deakin University
Locked Bag 20000
Geelong VIC 3220 Australia

Your completed Request - replacement testamur (PDF 300KB) form can also be submitted to the Graduations Office via email if making payment online or by phone.

Charges for a replacement testamur

Replacement testamur – if you did not receive it or was received damaged. 
Note: you must contact the graduations office within 12 months of graduating for a free replacement.
Replacement testamur with postage in Australia – if damaged, lost, stolen or needs a name change$120
Replacement testamur with overseas postage – if damaged, lost, stolen or needs a name change$130

Testamurs from former Deakin institutions

Unfortunately, we can't replace testamurs from institutions that are no longer part of Deakin, such as the State College of Victoria (Geelong and Warrnambool), Institute of Advanced Education (IAE) or Victoria College (Burwood, Toorak and Clayton).


Your Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) includes your award, full academic results (including failures and late withdrawals), prizes, internships and information about Deakin and Australia’s higher education system. The AHEGS helps international audiences understand your qualifications. When you graduate, you’ll receive an AHEGS without charge. Charges only apply for replacement AHEGS.

AHEGS are only available for courses conferred from 2010 onwards. AHEGS for awards completed prior to 2010 are not available.

How to replace your AHEGS

If you require a copy of your AHEGS, please complete the online form and make your payment through one of the options provided. Once your payment has been received, your AHEGS will be sent to you in the post.

Replacement AHEGS charges

Replacement AHEGS with postage in Australia$40
Replacement AHEGS with overseas postage$60
Additional copies of AHEGS when ordered with replacement$10

Statement of Results

A Statement of Results (or evidence of enrolment) is an unofficial record of your results. It's free and you can request one by contacting Student Central.

A Statement of Results is not available for antecedent institutions of Deakin University, such as the Gordon Institute of Technology, State College of Victoria (Geelong/Warrnambool), IAE and Victoria College (Burwood/Toorak/Clayton).

If you would like a summary of your units from this study period, rather than a full academic transcript, you can run an 'evidence of enrolment' through StudentConnect.

Law graduates

If you're a law graduate wanting to practice law, the Board of Examiners (Victorian Legal Admissions Board) needs a copy of your transcript and Academic Conduct Report.

To request your Academic Conduct Report, contact Student Central directly on +61 3 9244 6333 or

Student Central will forward a copy of your academic transcript to the Assistant to the Head of School in the School of Law.

An Academic Conduct Report will then be generated and forwarded to the Board of Examiners with your academic transcript and a letter from the Head of School confirming you have completed the course requirements for the LLB.

Learn more about this process

Education graduates

If you're an education graduate, we'll automatically send your results to the Victorian Institute of Teaching. So, no need to do anything.

Letters after your name

Known as appellations or postnominals, the letters after your name are abbreviations of your qualifications and can assist people in identifying your level of education.

Learn more about appellations