Alumni webinar series
Webinar and professional development seminar recordings
Our alumni professional development webinars and seminars are held regularly throughout the year on a wide range of topics; for upcoming dates and details please see the alumni event calendar.
Attend an alumni seminar to be inspired, broaden your thinking, learn and network.
Would you like to know more about the alumni seminars? Watch this short alumni seminar video
LINKS TO WEBINAR RECORDINGS
Arts and Education webinar recordings
1. Media matters: the impact of media on politics and education
Webinar presented by Dr Shaun Rawolle, Deakin University School of Education
Business and Law webinar recordings
1. Leadership studies as a maximise your potential
Webinar presented by Professor Jon Billsberry, Chair in Management at Deakin University
2. Class of 2025: The Future Finance Professional
Webinar presented by Professor Barry Cooper, Associate Dean, Industry Engagement and Partnerships in the Deakin Business School at Deakin University.
3. Super or Taxing?
Webinar presented by Dr Adrian Raftery, Deakin University's Course Director in Financial Planning and Superannuation.
4. Addressing the challenge of engaging fans in sporting events
Webinar presented by Dr Adam Karg, Deakin University School of Management and Marketing
5. Economics and the brain, how people make decisions in turbulent times
Webinar presented by Dr Paul Harrison, Deakin University Graduate School of Business
Health webinar recordings
1. Citizen Engagement: is the scientific community ready for it?
Webinar presented by Professor Ian Graham, University of Ottawa Professor and Deakin’s School of Nursing and Midwifery Thinker in Residence
2. Methods in Practical Ethics
Webinar presented by Professor Julian Savulescu, Oxford University Professor and Deakin's School of Medicine Thinker in Residence
3. Superfoods or Supermyths?
Webinar Presented by Associate Professor Tim Crowe, Deakin University School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
4. Eating disorders: much more than food and weight! - A research based webinar
Webinar presented by Dr Geneviève Pepin, Deakin University School of Health and Social Development
5. Head bumps matter - understanding changes in the brain following sports concussion injuries Webinar presented by Dr Alan Pearce, Deakin University School of Psychology
6. The science of football: changing practice at all levels of participation
Webinar presented by Dr Paul Gastin, Deakin University School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
7. Promoting a healthy start to life - early childhood nutrition
Webinar presented by Associate Professor Karen Campbell and Dr Alison Spence, Deakin University School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
8. The global burden of noncommunicable diseases
Webinar presented by Associate Professor in Public Health Colin Bell, Deakin School of Medicine
9. All pumped up; exploring the use of performance and image enhancing drug use
Webinar presented by Dr Matthew Dunn, Deakin University School of Health and Social Development
10. Early childhood development: Do children run around like supercharged dynamos or are they couch potatoes in training?
Webinar presented by Trina Hinkley PhD - Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Fellow, Centre of Physical Activity and Nutrition Research (C-PAN
Science, Engineering and Built Environment webinar recordings
1. How safe is your smartphone?
Webinar Presented by Professor Lynn Margaret Batten, Director of the Securing Cyberspace Laboratory at Deakin University
2. Visualise, analyse, realise: the role that design and creativity plays in education, technology and business
Webinar presented by Dr Paul Collins, Deakin University School of Engineering
3. The role of soil microbes in increasing agricultural production and decreasing fertilizer inputs
Webinar presented by Dr Lambert Brau, Deakin University School of Life and Environmental Science
Career webinar recordings
1. Using your personal brand and networking skills to enhance your jobsearch
Webinar presented by Rob Vague, Deakin University Jobshop
2. Accessing the hidden job market
Webinar presented by Rob Vague, Deakin University Jobshop
LINKS TO SEMINAR RECORDINGS
1.The Science of Happiness - three part video
Seminar presented to Deakin's alumni by alumna Dr Melissa Weinberg, the Principal Research Fellow of the Australian Unity Wellbeing Index, a project that has tracked the subjective wellbeing of Australians since 2001
2. School of Architecture and Built Environment Real Lecture Series
Recordings of a series of architecture presentations delivered by prominent firms to students, alumni and interested community members
3. Living for politics
Panel discussion featured Stephen Mills, author of 'The Professionals: Strategy, money and the rise of the political campaigner in Australia', Anna Burke, Federal Member for Chisholm, and Alan Tudge, Federal Member for Aston. The session was moderated by Dr Scott Burchill, School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
4. Inspiring growth and success
Deakin Commerce Alumni Chapter Seminar presented by Geoff Roberts
5. Psychology of high performance in sport, business and life
Seminar presented by Deakin Alumni member Richard Bennett - High Performance Psychologist, OM Psychology
LINKS TO SEMINAR PRESENTATION DOCUMENTS
1. Creating and Enabling Innovation at Work
Presented by Steve Vamos, non-executive Director of Telstra and Chairman of Reading Room Inc.
2. Changes in the Economic Landscape and What it Means for You
Presented by Craig James, Chief Economist at CommSec.
3. Global Financial Trends
Presented by Chris Canton, Chief Economist of BT Financial Group.
4. The Challenge of Change in Searching for Nirvana
Presented by Steve Maccora, financial services expert with a career spanning over 40 years.
4. Think Bigger, Live Bolder! Canberra
Presented by Margie Warrell, international thought leader in human potential.