Deakin Alumni Awards 2017
The Deakin University Alumni Awards recognise, acknowledge and promote Deakin Alumni who have made outstanding contributions to their communities, professions and/or towards the advancement of Deakin’s strategic endeavours.
There are four Alumni Awards categories:
Alumni of the Year Award
Open to any Deakin Alumnus, aged 40 years or over (at the time of nomination), who has consistently demonstrated outstanding success in their professional and/or community endeavours based on:
- Exceptional achievement in their professional or community field of endeavour; AND
- The ability to set and achieve standards of excellence in their professional or community field(s) of endeavour.
Young Alumni of the Year Award
Open to any Deakin Alumnus, aged under 40 years old (at the time of nomination), who has demonstrated outstanding success in their professional and/or community endeavours based on:
- Outstanding and significant achievement in their professional or community field of endeavour; AND
- The ability to inspire others in their professional or community field of endeavour.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Open to any Deakin Alumnus who over the course of their lifetime has built an outstanding and impeccable reputation based on:
- Exceptional and prolonged achievements in their professional field; AND
- Exemplary leadership in their professional endeavours; AND
- Significant contribution to the community.
Alumni Community Service Award
Open to any Deakin Alumnus who has consistently demonstrated:
- Outstanding volunteer leadership and service to Deakin University, enhancing the affiliations between Deakin's Alumni, students and the broader community, and thereby helping to drive core university goals; AND/OR
- Significant voluntary contributions, which have led to enduring positive outcomes for the wellbeing of others within their community.
Nominations will only be received and processed during the specified nomination period (Monday 24 April 2017 to Friday 26 May 2017).
Nominations may be submitted by
- Any Deakin Alumnus,
- Current Deakin University staff members,
- Any member of the University Council or
- Any member of the public.
The following are not eligible to be nominated
Current Advancement staff members,
- Current Deakin University full-time staff members,
- Any current member of the Senior University Executive,
- Honorary degree recipients who did not also complete an award course at Deakin; AND
- Honorary Fellowship holders.
Alumni may not nominate themselves, or receive nominations from immediate family members*. Immediate family members* cannot act as supporting referees. (*Immediate family members include: parents, spouse, siblings, children and grandparents.)
All nominations and supporting statements are confidential. The nominee should not be approached for information or advised of the nomination at any stage. No approach should be made to any nominee until the selection process has been completed and only the successful nominees will be contacted.
The Chief Advancement Officer, along with the Alumni Relations Office, will review all valid nominations within each category and provide a short list of candidates for ultimate consideration and endorsement by the Vice-Chancellor.
Submission of nominations
Nominations are now closed. Alumni Award Winners will be announced on 19 October 2017.
Award recipients will be honoured at the annual Deakin Alumni Awards Dinner to be held in October 2017.
+61 3 5227 1019
Email Alumni Relations