Terms and Conditions
Deakin Alumni Community Travel Voucher Competition 2014
The promoter of this competition is Deakin University ABN 56 721 584 203 of 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- This competition is governed by the laws in force in the State of Victoria.
- The competition is free to enter and is open to all Deakin University alumni who activate or login to their Deakin alumni account during the Competition Period.
- Advancement staff employed by Deakin University and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on 26 May 2014 and closes at 5pm AEST on 27 October 2014.
- There are three prizes in total, each a $1,000.00 (AUD) travel voucher issued by Flight Centre. The travel voucher is redeemable from any Flight Centre store in Australia and must be redeemed within 12 months of award. Full details of the terms and conditions of the trave voucher are available at http://www.flightcentre.com.au/travel-extras/gift-cards?gclid=CI2AtrfSp74CFZAsvQodiSMANA.
- If a winner of a travel voucher is resident outside of Australia, Deakin may, if requested by the winner, substitute a cash payment of $1,000.00AUD for that winner only. In the case of winners resident in Australia the prize is not redeemable for cash.
- The total prize pool is valued at $3,000.00 (AUD).
- Three winners will be drawn randomly.
How to Enter
- Entrants who activate or login to their Deakin Alumni account will automatically receive one entry into the prize draw. Alumni may only enter the draw once.
- Deakin Alumni accounts are located at https://engage.deakin.edu.au/alumni-home.
Selection and Notification of the Winner
- The prize draw will be conducted on 31 October 2014 at the Deakin Alumni Office, Deakin University, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
- Winners will be notified by one or more of email, SMS and in writing. The names of the winners will be published on line at www.deakin.edu.au/alumni within 15 days of the draw date.
- If the winner does not respond to claim the prize within 21 days of the draw, a re-draw will be conducted within 28 days of the original draw date and the substituted winner will be notified as set out in paragraph 13.
- Except as noted above, prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. Deakin's decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. Deakin accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
Personal Information provided to Deakin University by entrants will be used to conduct the draw, notify the winner and publish the winner's name.
Deakin University complies with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) in its treatment of personal information. Entrants have a right to access their personal information held by the University. Requests for access to personal information are managed under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic).