Our research investigates how membership of society
is defined, how people contribute to the making and remaking of society, how
people are resourced by society, their rights and obligations and issues
of social inclusion and exclusion. The following are examples
of research questions and topics examined by our researchers.
- What are the meanings and implications of various articulations of 'Citizenship'?
- How do exclusionary politics take effect both domestically and internationally?
- How is cultural diversity in key institutions understood and managed?
- What are the key ideologies and institutions necessary for good governance?
- How does Australia view and engage with the region and the world? And how do others perceive Australia?
Religions and Beliefs Education (RBE) in Schools: Social Inclusion, Citizenship and Countering Extremism (coming soon)
Intercultural Understanding Project
Diasporas in Australia: Current and Potential Links with the Homeland
The Impact of Racism upon the Health and Wellbeing of Young Australians
Building Bridges: Creating a Culture of Diversity
Migration, Citizenship and Intercultural Relations