Become a peer mentor
**Program set to run weeks 1-7, Trimester 2, 2014**
Apply to become an Off-Campus Mentor in Trimester 2, 2014. Please contact Georgina to discuss (phone: 0419 875 828) or submit an expression of interest via the online application form.
A new group of nervous and excited students will commence studies in Trimester 2 at Deakin University in 2014 and the Faculty of Arts and Education would like to invite you to become a peer mentor, as part of our support program for both new students and those continuing who would like a bit of assistance.
By becoming a peer mentor you have the opportunity to assist first year students through their transition into life at university.
What is peer mentoring?
Peer mentoring programs are offered to students enrolled in courses in the Faculty of Arts and Education. These programs aim to provide support for international and domestic students in their transition into university life. As a Peer Mentor you will:
- Translate university language, programs and requirements for new students
- Provide a positive role model to new students
- Act as an information conduit between staff and students
- Help new students have a sense of belonging at university
- Refer students to appropriate services for support
Further information to be provided shortly. In the meantime please contact program coordinator Georgina Clarke at email@example.com