- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
Dr. Elizabeth Hirsh
|Area||School of Education|
|Phone||+61 3 924 46912|
Visual and aesthetic literacy
Assessment in the Arts
Art history and criticism
|Service to the University,
discipline or community
A practicing artist involved in 25 exhibitions to date.
An Education Consultant who has presented papers and workshops at over 100 conferences and Key Learning Area Network meetings to date
Leadership roles in Victorian P – 12 Curriculum and Assessment development as Expert Advisor / Committee Member:
• 2006 VCAA Critical Friend for the Progression Points in The Arts Domain with in the Victorian Essential Learning Standards
• 2005 Member (by invitation), of the VCAA Reference Group for the Victorian Essential Learning Standards – Support Documentation Project. Involvement required familiarity with the content of The Arts Domain along with other Domains and in particular those in the Inter-disciplinary Strand of The Standards.
• 2005 conducted detailed audit of The Arts CSF11 to show the relationship between the six Arts disciplines of Art, Dance, Drama, Media, Music and Visual Communication and Design and The Victorian Essential Learning Standards at each of the Levels 1 - 6 for the VCAA Victorian Essential Learning Standards – Support Documentation Project.
• 2002 and 2003 expert advisor on assessment and standards in the Visual arts for the ACER “Assessment in the Arts Western Australian Education Department Monitoring Standards in Education Team”. This work resulted in a state wide testing project in Western Australia.
• 1999 and 2000 conducted an audit and review of the Draft Victorian CSF11 (Curriculum and Standards Framework II) - Visual arts/Art Strand for the Victorian Board of Studies (now VCAA) Consistency across the Levels’ Project.
• 1999 - 2000 Member of the NGV (National Gallery of Victoria) Education Service VCE 2000 Professional Development Team with a brief to raise Tertiary Educators’ awareness of changes to the VCE and their relationship to and impact on tertiary studies in Art Education/Art and Design/Fine Arts/Fashion Design/Textiles etc.
Leadership roles in Victorian P – 12 Curriculum and Assessment development
|Qualifications||MEd, HDT (SAC) Melb.|
Art Education Victoria (AEV)
National Gallery Society of Victoria (NGV)