- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
|Position||Early Career Development Fellowship|
|Area||School of Education|
|Role and profile||Early Career Development Fellowship|
Undergraduate units including:
* ECS471 Humanities Societies and Environments A (Lecturer, Tutor, Online Tutor)
* ECS472 Humanities Societies and Environments B (Unit Chair, Lecturer, Tutor, Online Tutor)
* ECS421 Learning Beyond the Classroom: Local Communities (Unit Chair, Lecturer, Tutor, Online Tutor)
* EPP101 Teacher-Learner Identities (Tutor)
Postgraduate units including:
* ECS771 Humanities Societies and Environments A (Lecturer)
* ECS772 Humanities Societies and Environments B (Unit Chair, Lecturer, Tutor, Online Tutor)
* ECS721 Learning Beyond the Classroom: Local Communities (Unit Chair, Lecturer, Tutor, Online Tutor)
* EPO701 Primary Humanities, Societies and Environments (Tutor)
|Current research projects||
Rose is in the final stages of writing her PhD Thesis titled 'Negotiating Differences: Students thinking critically and geographically through Differences of Opinion'.
This study investigates how organising students into groups according to their opinions on a given topic can influence the degree to which they engage in various levels of geographical thinking.
Doctor of Philosophy - currently enrolled (Deakin)
Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education - 2004 (Monash)
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) - 2003 (Monash)
Buchanek, R. (2011), 'How Differences of Opinion influence Student's Capacity to Think Geographically', Virtual Presentation at the 9th International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Granada, Spain, 8-11 June.
Buchanek R, (2010), 'Initial considerations - How Differences of Opinion influence Student's Capacity to Think Geographically', Poster presentation at AARE - Making a Difference: 40 Years of Educational Research, Melbourne, Australia, November.
Buchanek, R. (2009), 'Considering methodologies - How Differences of Opinion can influence Higher-order Thinking', AARE - Inspiring Innovative Research in Education, Canberra, Australia, December.
|Research link||View Deakin associated research data|