Science, mathematics, environmental and health education for sustainable communities
This program of research aims to enhance the engagement of students, teachers and the community with contemporary issues in science, mathematics, technology, the environment which are often interlinked with health and wellbeing. It investigates how teachers, schools and researchers through their professional inquiry and innovative pedagogies can engage students in quality learning and reasoning, develop resilience through problem solving, and promote health and well being. There is a focus on environmental sustainability and capacity building with particular regard to rural and regional communities.
- Science, mathematics, technology and environmental education
- Health and wellbeing
- Professional inquiry and innovative pedagogies
- Student engagement
- Resilience and problem solving
- Sustainability and capacity building
- Rural and regional communities
For further information regarding this program contact
Professor Russell Tytler (Program Convenor).