Studying overseas doesn't need to break the bank. You could be eligible for financial assistance, to help with the cost of travel, accommodation and program costs.
The Faculty of Arts and Education offers a number of travel grants to assist students with the cost of overseas course-related travel.
If you hold a Commonwealth Supported Place in your course at Deakin, you could also consider an OS-HELP Loan. Further eligibility criteria applies. See link below.
Travel Grants in Arts and Education
Travel Grants are available for the following Faculty of Arts and Education programs:
- In Country Language Programs (Arabic, Indonesian and Chinese)
- Global Experience Programs
- Bachelor of International Studies Internships (internship must be outside of Australia)
- Miscellaneous or other international course-related experience not covered in one of the other grant options. For example a study tour or internship taking place outside of Australia
Before you apply for a Travel Grants you should:
a. Have been offered a place in a student mobility program in the Faculty of Arts and Education. Do not apply for a travel grant until you have been formally offered a place.
b. Meet the eligibility criteria detailed for the travel grant you are applying for. See categories and documents below.
In-Country Language Programs
- Arabic In-Country Program Travel Grant Information
- Chinese In-Country Program Travel Grant Information
- Indonesian In-Country Program Travel Grant Information
Global Experience Program (GEP)
Travel Grant application closing dates:
- GEP Northern Territory (August): Sunday 14 June 2015
- GEP Northern Territory (October): Sunday 9 August 2015
- GEP Canada: Sunday 9 August 2015
- GEP Switzerland: Sunday 9 August 2015