Students are responsible for:
- negotiating and securing their internship with the host organisation;
- completing all administrative, enrolment and academic requirements;
- travel to, from and during their internship (work-related travel may be provided by the host organisation); and
- ensuring any problems that arise (prior to, during or following the internship) are promptly discussed with both the Unit Chair and Experiential Learning Officer.
The host organisation is responsible for:
- ensuring the precise nature of the duties/tasks are understood, and they are suitable for a short-term student placement;
- ensuring that appropriate resources are made available;
- providing appropriate supervision;
- providing guidance and feedback to the student; and
- completing an evaluation as to the student's overall performance.