Indonesian in-country program
Trimester 3, Summer 2013-14
The 2013 academic year Indonesian in-country program will be held in Padang, West Sumatra, during trimester 3 (summer 2013-2014). The program will be six weeks long and will run from:
Monday, 11 November - Friday 20 December 2013
Monday 29 July, 2013
The units offered are as follows:
AIF315 Indonesian/Malay Language and Contemporary Society
(for those students who will have completed a third year level study of Indonesian by the summer trimester)
AIF351 Third Year Indonesian/Malay In-country
(for those students who will have completed a second year level study of Indonesian by the summer trimester)
The in-country program also fulfils the requirement of International Internship in the BA (International Studies) degree at Deakin.
- HECS or full fees for students who are not eligible for HECS (e.g. international students)
- $1,800, which covers (a) six weeks of accommodation at a four star hotel, double occupancy; breakfast is included; facilities include a swimming pool and fitness centre; free internet access; (b) cultural activities (on campus, two afternoons per week); and (c) field trips, which may be in the city of Padang itself or outside the city.
- Travel: students must arrange their own travel. It is recommended that they arrive in Padang on Saturday, November 9, and must not arrive later than Sunday, November 10. Departure from Padang must not be before Saturday, December 21, 2012.
If you have any questions about the in-country program, please contact Assoc. Prof. Ismet Fanany
For further information regarding administrative matters, including enrolment, travel, payments, etc, please contact the Experiential Learning Officer
Applications have closed
- One application per student
- Carefully read the five points of indemnity and check that your information is correct before submitting
- Faculty of Arts and Education students will be advised within two working days
- Please allow longer if you are from another Faculty as we require Faculty approval
- Applications close on Friday the 16th of August, 2013