News and Events
Nelson Mandela Poster Exhibition
Deakin is proud to be supporting the amazing Nelson Mandela Poster Exhibition as part of the Melbourne International Design Festival.
As the major sponsor of the exhibition, Deakin’s School of Communication and Creative Arts, School of Architecture and Built Environment and School of Engineering are thrilled to be bringing to Melbourne, a series of 95 posters, representing 95 years of Nelson Mandela’s life.
The series is a culmination of work, by international designers from more than 70 countries, and is a representation of everything that South Africa’s beloved former President stood for.
The posters will be displayed across a series of LED screens along St Kilda Road in Melbourne and are now showing.
Where can you see this amazing exhibition?
Venue: Arts Centre Plaza (Lawn between Hamer Hall and The Arts Centre, St Kilda Road, Melbourne)
Dates: Wednesday 2 April 2 - Saturday 5 April 2014
Cost - This is a free exhibition open to the public
To read more about the Mandela Poster Project and preview some of the amazing work on display in the Arts Centre Plaza along St Kilda Road in Melbourne, visit: www.creativeweek.pro
Learn more about the 3 Schools involved in bringing this amazing exhibition to Melbourne:
- School of Communication and Creative Arts
- School of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- New book examines the Bombing of Dresden - a tale of imperialist aggression, reconciliation or a war crime?
- What is your memory of The Cold War? New book looks at how the war that didn't happen is remembered
- Deakin course to give Queensland principals and school managers business skills
- Deakin researcher named as one of US' real monument men and women
- Arts and Education celebrate success in the QS World University Rankings
- Photos help students monitor local environment
- more Media Releases from the Deakin Newsroom
- The 19th George Rudé Seminar in French History and Civilisation
Geelong Waterfront Campus, July 2014
- Centre for Citizenship and Globalisation events
- Philosophy Seminar Series
- Cultural Heritage Seminars
- Alfred Deakin Research Institute events
- Alumni events Special events for registered Arts and Education Alumni will be held in 2014.