- Study at Deakin
- Campus life
- Industry and community
- About Deakin
Mr Simon Grennan
|Position||Lecturer in Visual Arts|
|Area||School of Communication & Creative Arts|
|Phone||+61 3 925 17636|
|Role and profile||
My primary teaching role involves the stewardship of Deakin's foundation year visual arts program. I believe that analysing current teaching practices and their underlying values is critical in developing and renewing our visual arts program.
Current priorities include:
-addressing critical gaps in visual arts offerings and associated graduate attributes through the development of new and existing units
- enhancing visual arts teaching and learning spaces;
-expanding opportunities for experiential learning.
Landscape and consciousness
Creativity Research (creative expertise)
|Current research projects||
Currently engaged in PhD studies in Visual Arts. Research interests revolve around landscape and human consciousness studies.
-Collaborative art projects involving Deakin staff and external stakeholders.
|Service to the University,
discipline or community
- better complimenting and integrating visual arts curricula with other cognate disciplines.
- building the on-line presence of the Visual Arts discipline and improving related course material.
- Developing collaborative studio projects with other academic and technical staff.
- Maintaining existing links and develop new links with external arts organisations and businesses.
|Awards||Post Graduate Scholarship holder|
PhD in Visual Arts (in progress)
Master of Adult and Vocational Education
Bachelor of Visual Arts (Hons)
Higher Education Research Group
|Research link||View Deakin associated research data|