Academic Progress and Misconduct
FAPDC information specific to the Faculty of Arts and Education.
Forms and information
For Staff - Visit the Faculty Staff wiki for additional information and forms specifically for staff use.
Pass Conceded (PC) award
This information is for students enrolled in courses owned by the Faculty of Arts and Education
The criteria for eligibility is in the Assessment (Higher Education Courses) - Procedure
A Pass Conceded grade may be awarded for a one credit point unit where the following conditions are met:
- the student is one credit point short of completing their program of study (e.g. has completed 23 of 24 credit points)
- the student has a mark of between 45 and 49 for the unit for which the Pass Conceded grade is being considered
- the student has not been awarded a Pass Conceded grade for any other unit in the course or articulated suite of courses
- the student must have received a fail grade for no more than the number of units specified in the table below.
|Degree type||Number of units in which fail grade may have been received|
|Associate degree||A fail grade in no more than two other units|
|Three-year undergraduate degree||A fail grade in no more than three other units|
|Four- or five-year undergraduate degree||A fail grade in no more than four other units|
|Combined degrees||A fail grade in no more than two other units in the relevant degree of the combined degree program|
|A fail in no more than one other unit|
|Masters||A fail in no more than two other units|
- The Faculty Academic Progress and Discipline Committee will consult with the Course Coordinator/s and the School APC Chair/s when deciding whether to award a Pass Conceded (PC) grade.
- In relation to combined degree programs (e.g. Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Commerce), a student is eligible to be considered for a Pass Conceded grade in each of the component degrees.
- In some courses, a PC grade cannot be awarded for core units in courses requiring professional registration. These include but are not limited to the following courses:
Bachelor of Arts (Public Relations)
Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations)
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology)
Master of Communication (Public Relations specialism)
If you believe you have satisfied all of the above criteria, please complete this form (PDF, 479.7 KB) and send to
your Campus FAPDC secretary from your Deakin email account with the following subject line:
Pass Conceded enquiry: [student name] - [student ID] - [course code]
FAPDC Review of Result form
An application for Review of Result can be made only after the official release of end-of-trimester results.
|Trimester 1, 2015|
|University result release:||Thursday 9 July 2015 at 6.00pm|
|FAPDC Review of Result period:||Friday 10 July - Thursday 16 July 2015|
Please complete the REVIEW OF RESULT APPLICATION FORM (PDF, 217.5 KB)
For all Deakin students
- Assessments Information
This page has information about exams, results, assessment, and class timetables. Help with referencing, special consideration or academic progress can also be found here.
- Academic Progress Information
This page answers frequently asked questions about academic progress.
- University Regulation - Academic Misconduct
- University Regulation - General Misconduct