Business and industry


Deakin has a range of insurance policies which extend to our students whilst they are undertaking a placement with your organisation. In addition to Medicare coverage (Australian placements only) and international travel coverage (international placements only), students will be covered by:

Public Liability insurance: provides cover for the University's liability to pay compensation to a third party in respect of physical injury and/or property damage caused by a student whilst on placement with you.

Public Liability (Host Employers) insurance: provides cover for the University’s liability to indemnify you as an Australian host employer for increased Workers’ Compensation premium due as a result of a compensable injury to a student on placement with you.

Professional Indemnity insurance: provides cover for acts, errors or omissions committed by students whilst on placement with you in their professional duty, including medical malpractice.

Student Personal Accident insurance: provides limited cover to a student whilst on placement with you if they sustain an injury.

For additional information contact the Deakin University Risk Management Unit on 03 9244 6232.

Go back to the Internships and Work Placements index.

Deakin University acknowledges the traditional land owners of present campus sites.

5th October 2010