Solutions for stress
Workplace stress can be a huge burden on individuals, families and the economy, but Deakin research is providing strategies that take the sting out of the 9–5.
Funded by VicHealth, our research team is working with two organisations to help identify the processes and methods that can be used to develop workplace stress-prevention programs.
The research will then be used to assist other Victorian organisations plan and implement needs-based stress prevention initiatives in their workplaces.
Prospective HDR students
Interested in research-level study? Gain the skills you need to get ahead in your workplace or kickstart your research or academic career.
Find out how to become a research degree student
Find out more about our recent seminar presenters and topics.
Find out more about our research seminars
Members of the department have been successful in obtaining competitive research income through ARC Discovery, ARC Linkage, NHMRC and OLT grants. Management staff are routinely recognised for their high-quality teaching in the delivery of Deakin's flagship MBA and the innovative Bachelor of Management.
Get an overview of the past research projects our team has focused on.
Find out more about our past research
Deakin management staff have published in many of the discipline's leading journals, including:
- British Journal of Management
- British Journal of Industrial Relations
- Leadership Quarterly
- International Journal of Human Resource Management
- Public Management Review
- International Business Review
- Journal of International Management
- Journal of World Business
- Journal of Business Research
- Australian Journal of Management
- Sloan Management Review
- Knowledge Management Research and Practice
- Tourism Management
- Journal of Sport Management
- Journal of Industrial Relations and the Journal of Business Ethics
Our 52 staff members focus on business ethics, corporate social responsibility and sustainable development, employee and organisational wellbeing, as well as labour migration.