International Study Program - Program Overview
This program offers students a valuable opportunity to learn about international financial and trade environments. This experience is a distinct advantage for business students as the effects of globalisation require professionals to be able to operate with a broad knowledge of global systems.
Benefits of the International Study Program
- Complete a unit (or two) over trimester 3
- Gain a greater appreciation of international commercial activities
- Analyse and contrast different financial and political systems
- Visit international organisations directly influencing the financial world you live and will soon work in
- Grow your confidence of presenting in a professional environment
- Travel and study in the safe and supported environment of Deakin staff and students
- Meet new people and make great friends!
Group flights are arranged as part of the tour. Travel outside of the program must be approved by the Academic Coordinator and requested to the travel agent before October 2103. Additions to the program will incur additional costs beyond the stated tour price.
All accommodation on the tour is in good quality hotels with single or twin share rooms. Roommates for twin share will be allocated prior to departure and students can nominate a roommate on their application form if they choose to.
Further details on inclusions of the program or examples of previous itineraries can be obtained by contacting the Academic Coordinators.
Application and deposit due: 31 July 2013
Final payment due: 25 October 2013
Classes held in Burwood: 11 November - early December 2013
Exams held: 2-6 December 2013
Intelligence Report: 11 December 2013
Assignment post ISP: Late February 2014
Departure date: 14 January 2014