International Study Program - Units offered
The program provides students with a deeper understanding of the international aspects of trade, economic policy and finance through I/N organisation visits such as ECB, Duetsche Bank, OECD, S&P and industry visits. The program encourages teamwork and extends the educational and social experience of students by exposing them to different social and professional cultures. It also equips students to behave professionally during the institutional visits and to communicate effectively.
- MET303 (International Trade)
- MFT306 (International Finance and Investment)
- MFT760 (International Finance)
Students cannot enrol themselves in the study program units via StudentConnect. Successful applicants will be advised of their acceptance and enrolled by the Faculty. Students should nominate their preferred unit of study when they submit their application.
Each of these units initially involves an intensive 3-week teaching period in Trimester 3 concluding with a two hour exam in early December with a 50% weighting.
The remaining assessment is based on the International travel component of the program and comprises the following:
- Assignment/Final report (group of 3) 2000-2500 words 20%
- Intelligence report (pre-tour) (groups of two or three) 15%
- Intelligence report presentation 5%
- Program participation 10%