India Commercial Law Study Tour
The India Commercial Law Tour will take you through the real India - you will experience one of the most diverse, culturally-rich and colourful countries in the world.
India is home to more than one billion people and is emerging as a political and economic world leader.
The India Commercial Law Tour will take you through the real India – you will experience one of the most diverse, culturally-rich and colourful countries in the world. India is home to more than one billion people and is emerging as a political and economic world leader.
The Tour is run in conjunction with Symbiosis University in Pune, three and half hours’ drive from Mumbai. All academic content will be delivered by Symbiosis University, while most social and cultural visits will take place in New Delhi, Agra (home to the Taj Mahal) and Mumbai. The Tour will run for 17 days and is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The units have two principal aims:
- introduce the current Indian legal system and,
- study in detail some aspects of Indian commercial and corporate law.
The units introduce Indian legal history and India's law-making mechanisms and then examine in more detail some key topics in Indian commercial and corporate law.
- MLL382 Indian Law - Undergraduate
The teaching and learning approach adopted in this unit incorporates contemporary teaching methodologies consisting of:
- face-to-face lecture methods
- interactive discussion and workshop sessions
- participation in academic and cultural activities
- peer-to-peer learning and self-reflection
Assessment for this unit consist of the following:
- Assessment 1 (Individual) - Multiple Choice test based on material from lectures at Symbiosis, a group PowerPoint Presentation about observations while in India and participation in the entire tour. 20%
- Assessment 2 (Individual) - Written Assignment (Reflective Journal) 2500 words, 30%
- Assessment 3 (Group of 3 students) - Written Assignment 5000 words, 50%
The approximate cost of the 2015 India Commercial Law Tour will be A$4500.
Study Tour Inclusions:
- Economy class air travel with Thai Airways
- All Departure/Security/Airport taxes
- Airline Fuel Surcharges
- 3 x nights accommodation in New Delhi, including breakfast
- 3 x nights accommodation in Mumbai, including breakfast
- 8 x nights accommodation in Pune, including breakfast
- Economy class air travel from New Delhi to Pune
- Bus transportation to cultural and social visits in Pune
- Full day sightseeing tour to Taj Mahal, including buffet lunch
- Assistance with check-in at Melbourne Airport by a Reho Travel representative
- Exclusive Tour Luggage tags and ticket wallets
Items not included in the price and that students should allow for are:
- Unit tuition fees
- Passport fees
- Spending money
- Meals not specified on the itinerary.
- Visa fees
Domestic students may be eligible to apply for an OS-Help Loan for the entire cost of the program. The purpose of OS-HELP is to assist students with a range of expenses, such as airfares and accommodation. Further information on eligibility for OS-Help.
Important to note
- A minimum number of students is required for the program to run.
- A $1000 deposit upon acceptance into the tour is required.
- We recommend applying for a visa immediately after acceptance. Visa application processes may vary in length and complexity. Visa application processes may vary in length and complexity. Further details will be provided once you are accepted into the program.
- Travel insurance is free during the length of the program, students travelling beyond the program dates may need to pay for additional coverage.
- Students MUST meet all deposit and payment deadlines or they will be excluded from the program. A pending application for OS-HELP is not a relevant reason for not meeting a payment deadline. Students must ensure they have funds to meet the required deadlines.
How to apply
Applications for the 2015 India Commercial Law Tour are now open.
Successful applicants will be informed on 16 October 2015 and must be ready to take up their place in the program by paying their $1000 deposit by 23 October 2015.
Applications close 14 October 2015.
*Please note: that the deposit is non-refundable.
- 14 October 2015: Application closing date
- 23 October 2015: Deposit due
- TBC: Final payment due
- Early November 2015: Compulsory Orientation day
- 6 December 2015: Departure date
- 21 December 2015: Final day of the program