Costs and fees
Study Program grants available!
In recognition of the importance of international study experiences for our student’s professional development and of the role the China Study Program plays in helping raise the profile of Deakin University in China, the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Business and Law) has made available a number of $500 Faculty of Business and Law International Study Experience Grants.The international study experience grants are available to students to help offset some of the costs. The number of grants is limited and only available to Deakin students whose applications are received by 6 September 2013.
These units attract all standard unit enrolment fee/s for both MPT735 and MPT781.
In addition to the unit fee/s, each participant is required to pay the study program fee:
Study Program fee
The fee is AUD$5000 (subject to currency fluctuations) and covers the costs of:
- Accommodation (twin share)
- Hotel breakfasts
- Hotel internet access
- Meals when with the group
- Inside China travel (by air, rail and road) to Beijing, Hainan Island and Hong Kong
- Airport transfers (when travelling with the group)
- Coach travel to and from and entry fees to all cultural & company site visits in
This fee does not cover:
- Unit enrolment fee
- Air travel / airport and departure tax at the start and end of program. (From home to Shanghai and Hong Kong to Home)
- Travel insurance (although free if you apply through the University. Conditions apply)
- Personal spending money
- Single accommodation (available at an approx AUD$1500 extra)
- Individually ordered meals
Students must fill in the Student Overseas Travel Insurance Request online application form. Students are not covered under the Deakin University Travel Insurance Policy until they are in receipt of a travel insurance confirmation email from the Risk Management Unit. Please submit this email with your other supporting documentation.
You are required to make your own travel bookings to Shanghai, and back home from Hong Kong. All other internal travel is arranged for you.
If you would like to make a travel booking via Deakin's travel agent, please contact:
Ms Jo Walsh
Ph: 03 9823 5222
Jo can also handle your visa applications if you wish.
- 6 September 2013 - AUD $1000 deposit* due with application (with an incentive of $500 Faculty Grant to Deakin students)
- 30 September 2013 - Final Study Program fee due
- Prior to program starting - Payment of Unit fee/s (invoice available from studentconnect).
- Please do not make any payment for international travel until instructed to do so
- *$500 of your deposit is non refundable, if you withdraw from the program up until 30 September 2013
- If you withdraw after 30 September 2013 your total fee is non refundable
- China Study Program may not proceed if there are insufficient expressions of interest