The study program offers students a valuable opportunity to learn how business operates in China, the second largest, and the fast growing economy in the world, and to build strong business networks. This experience is a distinct advantage for business students as the effects of globalisation require business professionals to be able to operate in a range of cultural environments.
The study program will include:
- A series of lectures provided by academic staff from Deakin University and East China University of Politics and Law (ECUPL).
- Guest lectures and seminars delivered by senior Chinese Government officials, Australian Government representatives and leaders, and professionals from foreign businesses operating in China.
- Site visits to a variety of international organisations including multinational corporations, small foreign SMES, state-owned enterprises as well as local Chinese businesses.
- Opportunities to compare industrial zones of Shanghai and surrounding towns and the cities of Beijing, Hainan Island and Hong Kong.
- Time to explore the historical and cultural sites and the opportunity to immerse in the cultural environment.
- Formal welcome dinner with ECUPL senior academic staff
- Night cruise on Huangpu river with great views of the Bund
- Explore Shanghai night life and use public transport system
- Guest lectures from academics and business leaders
- See Chinese Acrobats
- Company visits (eg. ANZ Bank, Bluescope, Helian Group, AustCham)*
Visit amazing tourist sites:
- Great Wall of China
- Tiananmen Square
- Forbidden City
- Company site visit
- Group work and reflection
- Victoria Harbour night cruise
- Harbour view coach trip
- Company visits (eg. Hong Kong Trade and Development Council, Phoenix Media, Blue Scope, Hong Kong Jockey Club)*
- Night markets
*Note: Example of company site visits conducted in previous years. These may differ in the 2013 program.