BAppSc(Med Lab Sc) RMIT, MBA Deakin
Campus: Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: +61 3 924 46911
Link to Research Output
- Australian Universities Lecturer of the Year Award (UniJobs, 2011). Voted the Top Lecturer at Deakin University for 2011.
- Deakin University 2012 Vice-Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching and Learning, the Jim and Alison Leslie Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching and Learning (Deakin 2012). In recognition of the excellence in contribution to teaching and learning at Deakin.
- Australian Universities Lecturer of the Year Award (UniJobs, 2010). Voted in the top 10 nominations from Deakin University for 2010.
- Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, Early Career Teacher Award 2011, for 'effectiveness, excellence and exemplary practice' in teaching.
- Ma, Ruby M. M., Hartel, C. E. J. and As-Saber, S. (2011). Need to know: lessons from Sino-Australian business negotiators on the importance of guanxi, emotions and generational differences in Chinese negotiation behaviour, in International Research QIK 2011: Conference Proceedings of the 10th International Conference of Quality, Innovation and Knowledge Management : Aligning Innovation in Developed and Emerging Economies, [Monash University], [Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia], pp. 347-357.
- Ma, R.M.M. and Hartel, C.J. (2011). Insights from Negotiating with the Chinese: A case of Sino-Australian Business Relationships. Paper presented at poster session of the 25th Annual Conference of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, Wellington, New Zealand, 7-9 Dec 2011.
- Härtel, C. E. J., Ma, R.M.M. & As-Saber, S. (2010). When East Meets West: Managing Chinese Enterprise Relationships Through Guanxi-Based Diversity Management, in J. Syed and M.F. Ozbilgin (Eds), Managing Cultural Diversity in Asia – A Research Companion, pp. 224-247, Edward Elgar Press, Cheltenham, UK.
- Ma, R.M.M. & Härtel, C. E. J. (2009). Negotiating with the Chinese: the role of Culture and Emotions in Sino-Australian Business Relationships. ANZAM 2009: Sustainable Management and Marketing: Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, ANZAM, Melbourne, Vic. Melbourne, Australia.
- Ma, R.M.M. & Härtel, C. E. J. (2008). What are we really negotiating for? A study of Sino-Australian business negotiations. Proceedings of the Australian & New Zealand International Business Academy (ANZIBA) China Governance and Management Forum, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia.
- Härtel, C. E. J., & Ma, R. M. M. (2006). How Emotions Shape the Processes and Outcomes of Cross Cultural Communication and Negotiation: An Affective Events Theory Perspective. AIB 2006. Proceedings of the Academy of International Business (AIB) Conference, Beijing, China
- International Business Management
- Business Communication and Negotiation
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business and Change Management
- International business management
- Cross cultural management
- Sino-Australian business communications and negotiations
- Australian and Chinese business relationships
- Diversity management
- Management education
- Emotions in business and management
- Cross-cultural communication and negotiation
- Guanxi and relationship in business
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- Australian & New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)
- Deakin University MBA Alumni Chapter