PhD Edinburgh, MSc Bologna, BSc Cagliari
Campus: Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: +61 3 924 46515
- Research project: Parliamentarism, Devolution and Democratic Accountability: A Comparative Study, funded by the Economic & Social Research Council and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- 2001 - 2002: Visiting Research Fellow at University College of Dublin
- Research project: Clinicians in Management: A Comparative Study between Ireland and Scotland, sponsored by the EU network 'Accounting in the Reform of European Health Care Systems' (AREHCAS) on project
- 2000: Visiting Research Fellow, Linkoping University, Department of Management and Economics (Sweden) and at Lund University Hospital, Orthopaedic Department (Sweden)
- William J Jackson, Audrey S Paterson, Christopher K M Pong and Simona Scarparo (forthcoming) 'How Easy Can the Barley Brie': Drinking Culture and Accounting Failure at the end of the 19th Century in Britain', Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal.
- Scarparo, S. (2011) 'Clinical Audit, Guidelines and Standards: A Productive Relation for Managing Clinical Practices', Financial Accountability and Management, Vol. 27 (1), pp. 83-101.
- Scarparo, S. (2008) Chapter 3: The Process of Devolution in the UK, in Mahmoud Ezzamel, Noel Hyndman, Age Johnsen, and Irvine Lapsley (eds) Accounting in Politics. Devolution and Democratic Accountability. London: Rutledge.
- Scarparo, S. (2008) Chapter 4: Accountability in the UK Devolved Parliament and Assemblies in Mahmoud Ezzamel, Noel Hyndman, Age Johnsen and Irvine Lapsley (eds) Accounting in Politics. Devolution and Democratic Accountability. London: Rutledge.
- Financial Reporting Analysis
- Public Sector Accounting
- Management Accounting in Hospitals
- Contemporary critical accounting issues
- Focussing on research in gender in the accounting professions
- Accounting in popular culture
- Accounting and education
- Member of the British Accounting Association
- Member of the International Association for Health Care Technology and Management
- Member of the European Gender Budgeting Group
- Member of the Women Budget Group