Research in the School of Information and Business Analytics
Our School has a broad research program spanning the disciplines of Information Systems and Business Analytics. The research methodologies used include both qualitative and quantitative approaches and have a strong business focus. The key research groups within the School are:
- Information Governance and Security - lead by Professor Matt Warren
- Social Informatics - lead by Dr. Darryl Coulthard
- Competitive Information - lead by Professor Rens Scheepers
- Visual Analytics - lead by Associate Professor Jacob Cybulski
- Cognitive Analytics - lead by Associate Professor Damminda Alahakoon
Our School has two research labs, the SAS Visual Analytics Lab and the Deakin Cognitive Analytics Lab (DCAL), based at the Burwood Campus supporting the activities of the Visual Analytics and Cognitive Analytics groups. DCAL also has an international research node in Sri Lanka.
We have a vibrant Higher Degree by Research program aligned to our research groups and welcome inquiries from prospective students interested in undertaking research within the above areas.
For further information about our research please contact the Associate Head of School (Research) Professor Matthew Warren.