PhD Deakin, BCompSci (Hons 1)
Campus: Melbourne Burwood Campus
Phone: +61 3 924 46556
Link to Research Output
- Wickramasinghe, N., Kent, B., Moghimi, F. H., Nguyen, L., Redley, B., Taylor, N., Botti, M., Stien, M. (2013) Using Technology Solutions to Streamline Healthcare Processes for Nursing: the Case of an Intelligent Operational Planning Support Tool (IOPST) Solution, in Lean Thinking for Healthcare, editors: Wickramasinghe, N., Hakim, L., Gonzalez C., and Tan, J., Springer, New York. In Press.
- Nguyen, L. and Bakewell, L. (2011), Impact of Nursing Information Systems on residential care provision in an aged care provider. Proceedings of 22nd Australasian Conference on Information Systems ACIS 2011, 30 Nov-2 Dec, Sydney, NSW
- Smartward: Evaluating the development and implementation of smart technology: a novel CDSS. Kent, B., Botti, M., Redley, B., Nguyen, L., and Taylor, N. $280,000 funded by SmartWard (2012-13). Eastern Health, Epworth HealthCare, Box Hill Institute, Deakin University
- Nguyen, L. (2011) Supporting Family-based Care for Aged Patients with Chronic Illness, in Intelligent technologies for bridging the grey digital divide, edited by Soar, J., Swindell, R., Tsang, T., chapter 16. IGI Publisher
- Nguyen, L., Evans, S., Wilde, W. and Shanks, G. (2010) Supporting information needs of senior citizens in community aged care, ACIS 2010 : Proceedings of the 21st Australasian Conference on Information Systems, ACIS, Brisbane, Qld.
- Nguyen, L., Shanks, G., Vetere, F. and Howard, S. (2008) Information Systems and healthcare XXVIII: the Information Needs of Family Carers in Collaborative Healthcare, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 23, pp. 179-192, Florida State University, Florida, USA.
- Nguyen, L. and Shanks, G. (2009) A Framework for understanding creativity in requirements engineering, Information and Software Technology, Volume 51, pp. 655-662, Elsevier B.V., United States.
- Nguyen, L., Swatman, P., (2003), Managing the Requirements Engineering Process, Journal of Requirements Engineering, Springer-Verlag London Ltd, England, 8(1), pp 55 - 68.
- Nguyen, L., Torlina, L., Peszynski, K., Corbitt, B. (2006), Power Relations in Cyber Communities: An Ethnographic Study, Electronic Commerce Research Journal, Special Issue on Virtual Communities, 6(1): 21-37
- Faculty Research Grant (2011) for the project: Evaluating the impact of information systems on residential aged care.
- Business on the Internet
- IS/Business alignment Systems Analysis and Design
- Business Information Systems
- IS Research Methods
- Object-Oriented Systems Design
- Business Systems Implementation
- Advanced Internet Business Applications
- Database Management
- IS Risk Management
- Information Systems Methodologies
- Health Informatics
- Requirements Analysis
- MACS Member of Australian Computer Society
- MHISA Member of Health Informatics Society of Australia
- MAIS Member of Association for Information Systems